Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Season

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up New Season

We are working hard on the upcoming schedule for the GA Slab Masters Tournament Trail. We would like to hear from our members either by email or PM or phone about your thoughts on lakes, dates, and other info to make the next season even better. We have some really good improvements in the works and an affiliation that will really bring things to another level that I am sure everyone of our members will enjoy. Also, December will be a date you won't want to miss. December 4, 2010 will be a tournament at Lake Talquin out of Lake Talquin Lodge. We will also be assembling at what was known as Goat Island and will be re-naming it as Charlie's Island after the tournament on Saturday. We ask for your patience as we put all the details together for the upcoming season dates and locations, and look forward to the input from our members. Go to our website for our contact info and to look for updates.
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Post Thanks / Like

Blackshear
    West Point
    Oconee
    Talquin
    Eufaula
    Alabama River
    Clarks Hill

My 2 cents worth

Post Thanks / Like

that looks good to me. hopefully we can get the hill in winter.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

love to see lanier agian as long as we don't have to compete with grenada[ mississippi state championship] were a lot of teams will go because it is grenada or because their sponcers require them to go. Makes our turnout slim but I do understand how it works.

Post Thanks / Like

That was a good choice msw....alabama river will be a blast..along with the others

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Thanks for all the PMs and emails with your ideas and thoughts about the upcoming season. We like the lakes that have been listed above. There are a couple more lakes we would like some input on. We would like to hear from some more members and those thinking about joining the BEST Crappie Tournament Trail in GA. We are trying to have everything in order by the end of July so please contact us soon with any thoughts you may have. Email is [email protected] or send a PM to Outlaw1&2, HunterofMoorecrappie, or myself. Our phone numbers and other info can be found on our website.
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Post Thanks / Like

what other lakes you talking about shinerunner? slabschaseroco. i can't wait to get back to alabama river. Also looking forward to all the rest as well!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lakes/Rivers

Quote Originally Posted by msw81 View Post
    what other lakes you talking about shinerunner? slabschaseroco. i can't wait to get back to alabama river. Also looking forward to all the rest as well!

Jackson, Hartwell, Russell, Lanier, Weiss, Allatoona, Seminole, and Harding (Bartletts Ferry) need to be considered as well. All of these lakes have good populations of quality crappie. The AL River would be fun and would produce the largest weighin of the season. Since distance seems to be a problem for attendance we may consider tournaments at places like AL River, Talquin, Logan Martin, Harris Chain, and several others that have been mentioned as a non-membership/non-points event. A lot of our members already fish these lakes regularly. Bottom line is attendance on tournament day makes the biggest impact for the winners. A lot of factors have to be considered for any tournament we hold. There are a lot of good crappie lakes within a few hours of middle GA. Call me and we will talk more.

Post Thanks / Like

Default good Idea

That sounds good Dan...I just like to fish..