Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Betcha ain't never did this

Post Thanks / Like

Default Betcha ain't never did this

Last Friday a Crappie fishing friend of mine I met while fishing Talala creek, invited me to go catfishing with him below the dam on Oologah. I told him I didn't own any catfishing equipment and he said he'd bring a rod for me to use. The shad was sparce but we found enough to wet some hooks. We were after Mississippi Whites and had some decent luck with the 2lb range. He caught about a 12lb flathead to boot. One of the Whites I had caught though, was not even hooked, not even foul hooked. The line itself was wrapped around one of it's eyes and had that sucker lookin like Popeye to the extreme. The hooks were hooked on the line above the fishes eye and not even close to stabbing the fish. I was even able to lift the 2lb catfish out of the river and into the boat. Has anyone EVER heard of catching a fish this way?
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Caught my 2nd wife using almost the same method.... sorta .... :p
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Post Thanks / Like

I "lassoed" one, is what my fishing partner said when I reeled in a catfish I caught at Tbird about 3 yrs ago. My line looped around the fish, right behind one of those fins that stick out right back of their head and looped in front of the other one. The hook was atleast a foot from the fish as I lifted it into the boat.
    Now for the coke can I caught by hooking it thru the little hole in the pop top tab!! Thought I had about a 10 lb fish with no fight in it!!
    Everyone has a secret talent they didn't know about until tequila.

Post Thanks / Like

Stink - Your killin me. LOL Was she a biggun? broad chested or a flattie? Did she channel all a her luv to ya? or was she blue wit envy at the other girls you was lookin at??? Huh?:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Stink - you should start practicing catch and release :D

@ Reaper

Blues or "Mississippi Whites" as some call 'em, are notorious spinners. That fish probably made a pass at your bait or hit the line and started spinning. I've never caught one in the eye like that, but I've caught several on rod & reel and jugs where the line looped around a fin or their body. Tis is why I use a lot of swivels when fishing for 'em. They can twist you up pretty good!

Post Thanks / Like

Rigrunner caught a nice channel cat last month by using the " wrap-around-the-tail method. That cat hung on until he reeled him in too. Great eating and plenty for both of us.
    Stink, you have a wild imagination.......................what a fish story.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkfinger View Post
    Caught my 2nd wife using almost the same method.... sorta .... :p
    Hopefully you didn't utter the words....Here's mud in your eye.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry