Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bull Shoals or Stockton

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bull Shoals or Stockton

Guys,

I am looking at heading either to Bull Shoals (Ark. or MO doesn't matter) for the weekend of the 4th of July. What lake would you guys recommend, either Bull Shoals or Stockton to produce a crappie and walleye trolling cranks bite, and also if you have any ideas of a place that has cabins, a pool, playground, that type of thing that would keep the family busy if they didn't want to fish.

Don't need or want four star houseing, just need something nice enough so the wife doesn't complain (if you know what I mean)

Thanks,

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Stockton will be very busy that weekend but I guess if you fished really early or really late it can be done. State Park Marina has some nice Condos that are just above the boat ramp and although I have not stayed there they look nice from the outside. There is also a Hotel on 215 not far from State Park. There is another hotel over by Ruark Bluff that has a swimming pool. Orleans trail has a hotel also. I am not sure about any play grounds at any of them but someone else might know. If you go to the fireworks display be very careful I went once and the jet ski's were running all over the place and when it was over a house boat almost ran over me.

I do not know anything about Bull Shoals so maybe someone else can jump in.

Post Thanks / Like

A wife complains?? Never heard of such a thing!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

what polebender said, with one exception do it in sept.

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at a place called Mt. Carmel quite a few times. They are condos with kitchens and separate bedrooms etc.. They are near the state park, but they are a five minute drive to the ramp. They have a concrete pond if you want to swim, I've never been in the heat of the summer, but I assume the pool would be and running then. I think you can call the State Park and they can get you in touch with someone up there.