Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fish Finder Problem

Post Thanks / Like

Question Fish Finder Problem

I have an X-65 fish finder by Lowrance and ever since i put that new battery in a while back, i can't get it to come on. I have checked the obvious like the positive and negative backwards on the battery, the connectors being loose, a crimped wire, the fuse. I am getting juice at the readout, it just won't come on. Been having to fish spots i am familiar with and finding the fish the old way. I need this thing fixed before this weekend or i am gonna get drilled on strange water. Thanks for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jonathan,

If you have power at the plug (checked with a test light or volt-meter) and have a good connection from there to the unit then it sounds like your unit may be in need of repair.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Fatboy-Don't worry

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy
    I have an X-65 fish finder by Lowrance and ever since i put that new battery in a while back, i can't get it to come on. I have checked the obvious like the positive and negative backwards on the battery, the connectors being loose, a crimped wire, the fuse. I am getting juice at the readout, it just won't come on. Been having to fish spots i am familiar with and finding the fish the old way. I need this thing fixed before this weekend or i am gonna get drilled on strange water. Thanks for any help.
    If you don't have it fixed by this week-end look Blackie & me up. We have an X-65 that we will let you use. We will be at Eden from Wed-Mon. Will be glad to help you out....
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Fatboy,,,E-mail Linda Colt at Lowrance with your questions. She has helped me several times. SHE'S GOOD!!!!! [email protected] <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I have had this same prolem, on mind. Check the pins in the plug, one of the pin holes was closed. I took a small nail and open it back up then the fishfinder started to work again. I hope that helps.

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all the help guys, i appreciate it.