PDA

View Full Version : Fish Finder Problem

fatboy
10-11-2004, 05:32 PM
I have an X-65 fish finder by Lowrance and ever since i put that new battery in a while back, i can't get it to come on. I have checked the obvious like the positive and negative backwards on the battery, the connectors being loose, a crimped wire, the fuse. I am getting juice at the readout, it just won't come on. Been having to fish spots i am familiar with and finding the fish the old way. I need this thing fixed before this weekend or i am gonna get drilled on strange water. Thanks for any help. :confused:

Jerry Blake
10-11-2004, 10:18 PM
Hey Jonathan,

If you have power at the plug (checked with a test light or volt-meter) and have a good connection from there to the unit then it sounds like your unit may be in need of repair.

Don G
10-12-2004, 06:04 AM
I have an X-65 fish finder by Lowrance and ever since i put that new battery in a while back, i can't get it to come on. I have checked the obvious like the positive and negative backwards on the battery, the connectors being loose, a crimped wire, the fuse. I am getting juice at the readout, it just won't come on. Been having to fish spots i am familiar with and finding the fish the old way. I need this thing fixed before this weekend or i am gonna get drilled on strange water. Thanks for any help. :confused:

If you don't have it fixed by this week-end look Blackie & me up. We have an X-65 that we will let you use. We will be at Eden from Wed-Mon. Will be glad to help you out....

Crappie Chatt
10-12-2004, 07:38 AM
Fatboy,,,E-mail Linda Colt at Lowrance with your questions. She has helped me several times. SHE'S GOOD!!!!! lcolt@lowrance.com <*)}}}><

edwalden444
10-12-2004, 07:42 AM
I have had this same prolem, on mind. Check the pins in the plug, one of the pin holes was closed. I took a small nail and open it back up then the fishfinder started to work again. I hope that helps.

Ed

fatboy
10-12-2004, 12:37 PM
thanks for all the help guys, i appreciate it.