Thread: red fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default red fish

Them red fish ate this weekend. was a lot of fun <-----fishing report

Post Thanks / Like

Well come on, Gene, tell us about it!
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Big Lake this weekend. 15 flounder Fri. and 17 on Sat. Two people each day. More redfish from 12-15 inches than I have seen. Did keep five Sat. in the 4-5 pound range. Normally when I see schooling redfish, I will see them pushing water and a shrimp or bait fish jump. Saw a school Sat. that was exploding on the surface. Finger mullet flying in the air. Wife and I each caught one. By the time we landed them, the school was long gone. Fried a bunch of flounder Sun. night.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here are the pics

Well Gene came down and met me for the weekend and we were able to get on a few fish (after I finally convinced him to go to the spot I wanted to go to! He doesn't like our shallow water!) Just messin with you Gene.

Gene with his first redfish.

The total catch for Saturday....9 but we probably lost twice that many. We caught them schooling and threw aftificials at them. Gene was throwing the black majic sand eel jr and I was throwing the glow/chrt sand eel jr.

He sure looks proud doesn't he?!

Went back Sunday to the same place but only saw 1 school. Gene hooked one that got off and I spooked the school before I could get hooked up. I think we lost the first 3 but after that, I found a spot we were able to drop anchor and throw dead shrimp to them and finish off our limit of 10 reds, then we went and caught our limit of 60 crabs. Had a blast! Hope to do it again soon!

Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice pics Dwyane.I can just see them fillets scales down on the pit!:D
    Romans 6:23

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Well Gene came down and met me for the weekend and we were able to get on a few fish (after I finally convinced him to go to the spot I wanted to go to! He doesn't like our shallow water!) Just messin with you Gene.

Gene with his first redfish.

The total catch for Saturday....9 but we probably lost twice that many. We caught them schooling and threw aftificials at them. Gene was throwing the black majic sand eel jr and I was throwing the glow/chrt sand eel jr.

He sure looks proud doesn't he?!

Went back Sunday to the same place but only saw 1 school. Gene hooked one that got off and I spooked the school before I could get hooked up. I think we lost the first 3 but after that, I found a spot we were able to drop anchor and throw dead shrimp to them and finish off our limit of 10 reds, then we went and caught our limit of 60 crabs. Had a blast! Hope to do it again soon!

Hey Dwyane -
    Lambert's or Rabbit Island? :D
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sneakypete View Post
    Hey Dwyane -
    Lambert's or Rabbit Island? :D
    Pete
    We caught the crabs behind Lambert's and caught the reds behind Grand and I am not saying any more than that!:D
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the catch guys.. sounds like yall had alot of fun.. Julie and I are planning on heading to the jetty pier friday after I get home from work. Gonna try to get on some of them bulls out there. Thanks for the report and pics.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

man thats awsome!!
    DuBroc "Lily pads, grass, mud,stumps,5 ft beaver dams, you better hold on! "

Post Thanks / Like

It was a lot of fun. Now that i am unemployed i am gonna move in with dwayne and feed his family red fish. it was great my arm is still tired.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast