Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: pallets for structure

Post Thanks / Like

Default pallets for structure

Does anyone have an opinion on using pallets for structure? I work at a pallet company and can get all kinds of pallets if it is a good idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Me and my brother sank over 100 pallets last winter, some for winter fishing and some for spring. We caught fish out of the shallow water pallets this past spring but havn't done as good in the deep. I suspect maybe the deep ones aren't slimmed up good yet. We wired the pallets up 3 together in an A frame type shape. Be advised, this is some serios work, definately a 2 man job, and takes alot of weight to sink that much wood! Unless those deep pallets really turn on, I don't care if I ever see another pallet! Good Luck.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I have put out many, I make 8'x8' beds with 5' slats pointing up about a foot apart all over. They have worked very good so far this year...Mike

Post Thanks / Like

This last Fall, I helped the Corp cut and place brush with a group of fine fisherman. The Corp supplied pontoon boats, captains, and GPS coords. Along with a Hot Dog/Hamburger cookout and prize drawings for those in attendance. They talked a pallet company into donating several pallets with sides on them. We loaded pallets onto the boats, then loaded rocks from the shore into them. After that, we cut trees and limbs to stick in each one. We then used nylon rope to tie the limbs onto the pallets. Then, found a spot to sink them and marked the coords on the GPS. This took about 5 hours to do. The boat I was on had 12 adult men working. We sunk 18 of them. Total for the day, was 96 new brushpiles built and dropped in one major creek/cove on my home lake of Oologah. I have the coords for each of them. I will tell you that it was definately work though. But, well worth it for the Crappie.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

LOL_There awful hard to sink!! like stated above-I dont care if I ever see another one!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com