Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultralight Recommendations

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ultralight Recommendations

Not lookin for the cheapest set up but the most value for your money. been hittin the gills pretty hard lately and would like to know what you guys think is a good combo set up on the ultralights. thanks in advance.
    kevin mays

Post Thanks / Like

Daiwa SS 700 for the reel. Bass Pro Microlite or St. Croix Premier for the rod.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I talk of these often cuz I have good results with them. Short one piece, 5'6"- 2 piece, and 3 7' lite action. Shakespeare micro graphite rods in wally for under $20. They might not fit the bill, but for the money you should check em out before you unload your account. I haven't broken one yet and if it goes over the side I'm not crying about it. Too hard anyway
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Prob not the most high end you can get, but I have a 4'6 ultra light ugly stick that is a ball to use for gills. Match that w/a decent diawa and its a good set up.

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

Whats your price range?
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Try a Pflueger Trion GX Micro 4520GX reel with 4 lb test Suffix and an Okuma Celilo 602UL rod. I loved this combo so much, I went out and bought another one just like it. I got the combos for less that $45 each.
    "Insanity is inherited, you get it from your kids."

Mike Epperson

Post Thanks / Like

quantam xtralite, 5' 1 piece, with quantam 3 ball bearing reel, the 1 piece makes all the difference, around 32 bucks for the combo
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

Default UL Rod

Sure like to know what you mean by "not the cheapest" set up? Everyone has their own idea of costs and value. I will tell you this, only from a standpoint of performance, as I have no idea how much you want to spend.

B n' M offers their Sam Heaton's Super Sensitive, 7' UL (2 piece) rod for under $50.00. This is a fine rod for just about any kind of crappie, perch or gill fishing - as a casting set-up. Great company to do business with too. Call them as ask they their opinions on the rod you need and I'm sure they'll gladly tell you about their line up.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Shakespeare micro graphite rods
    Best inexpensive rods I have found. Coupled with a SHIMANO IX 2000R or 1000R Reel, you have a great combo for less than $35.
    Don't outsmart your common sense!
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the Shakespeare Ugly Stick in ultralight - I have 4 of the 2 piece version - 5' or 5 1/2' can't remember right now. I bought the combos from Walmart and changed reels on just two of them so far.
    Sam in PA and FL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast