Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts & Prayers needed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thoughts & Prayers needed

I recently had a routine checkup with my Urologist. The PSA reading was .9 which is good. He always does the "physical" part of the exam too. Good thing he did, he said he felt a small nodule on my prostate. He didn't think it was significant, but he wanted to do a biopsy just to be sure. The biopsy came back with 4 out of 12 samples contained cancer. Talk about rocking your world!
    I have now been to see a Radiation Oncologist who gave me a lot of encouragement. He said he considered me a "low risk" which is very good. We are to begin a radiation schedule of 44 treatments, 5 days per week. He said the radiation machine they have now is much more advanced and that I should not have any side effects, except perhaps some fatigue toward the end of the process. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers. This news comes about three months since my wife had two months of radiation for tumors on her optic nerve. No body said life is fair and ours is not to question. Men, get regular exams and be sure they do both the PSA and the "physical" exam. It could save your life!

Post Thanks / Like

We will sure be praying for you toothpick and your wife! ! Hold on to Jeremiah 32:27
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!

Post Thanks / Like

My Prays are with you . In 2002 I was given a PSA test the results came back . I had a 10.1 PSA reading. I underwent 7 weeks of rad. treatment the MAX dost, then had radiation inplants in my prostrate, 122 seeds. It was trying year for me. I am do a 5 year check up this year check-up.:D

Post Thanks / Like

you have my Prayers....years ago my PSA shot up to 11.3....it turned out to be a very bad prostate infection....took me 10 months of very strong antibiotics and 2 rounds of (12 each round) biopsies to eliminate cancer...

I wish you the best....

growing old ain't for wimps....
    The "King" is coming
    This could be the Day....
    RETIRED LOUISIANA CRAPPIE HUNTER

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers up from Knob Noster for you and your loved ones. Keep us posted on your progress.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts and prayers sent your way.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts are with you on this one. In 2008 my PSA went to 13. Biopsies found prostrate "ate up" according to my doc. No radiation, no chemo, just took it out. Two years later I'm still "undetectable" on the test. Hope yours turns out well. Do it men, get the test.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My prayers are with you. Jesus will hear and He will answer. If He brought you to it then He will bring you through it.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

feel better

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Prayers sent
    Just a word encourgment
    Have (Had) the same thing you are going thru..........that was 5 years ago
    They caught it in time............

Just know that you will be fine also
    Prayers
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials