Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hand held GPS opinions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hand held GPS opinions

I'm sure this subject has been beat to death before and I could use the search function, but thats not as much fun.
    I want the latest up to date opinions so I'm going to ask anyway.

What hand held GPS unit do you use?
    Would you buy it again?

I want something very simple and reliable that does not break the bank.
    No way I'll throw down $200 or $300 for a GPS.
    Bass tracker PRO 17

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toolmaker View Post
    I'm sure this subject has been beat to death before and I could use the search function, but thats not as much fun.
    I want the latest up to date opinions so I'm going to ask anyway.

What hand held GPS unit do you use?
    Would you buy it again?

I want something very simple and reliable that does not break the bank.
    No way I'll throw down $200 or $300 for a GPS.
    If you have a gps dash unit for the car, you can load coordinates.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

garmin, there real good, and some start at 99 dollars, I have an e-trex they are good, I also have an astro. check out there web site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apkape View Post
    If you have a gps dash unit for the car, you can load coordinates.
    I thought about doing that with my Garmin Nuvi 1350 . I heard you can buy the lake maps for the auto GPS too , but they aren't as accurate as a hand held or marine GPS ?

Post Thanks / Like

Be sure to check Craig's List. Sometimes people have some pretty good deals. craigslist
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Garmin 60csx and love it.

I also have a brand new Garmin eTrex Venture HC for sale if you are interested. My Son does a lot of hiking, so bought it for him for Christmas but found out he wanted a car unit instead and never got around to returning the handheld. It's listed in the swap section. you might have to scroll down a ways to find it
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Lowrance H20c bought from Cabelas Bargain Cave. They usually have more than one open box of those around. They're $199 new..I paid under $100. Much nicer than my car GPS. Much more detail. Could be that my car GPS sucks, but you just can't zoom in as far. Adding a map made all kinds of difference.

Only thing I don't like about it is that it is hard to see the screen in daylight. If it's really bright and you hold it right, you can see pretty well. but IMO it works best at night with the backlight going. Then it's cake.

Entering coordinates is a lot easier than with my car GPS.

Now, that being said, it's really the only handheld GPS I've owned, so I have no frame of reference for how much better it is than the next handheld GPS. I think keeferfish has one he really likes. Forget what it is though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joedog View Post
    I have a Lowrance H20c bought from Cabelas Bargain Cave. They usually have more than one open box of those around. They're $199 new..I paid under $100. Much nicer than my car GPS. Much more detail. Could be that my car GPS sucks, but you just can't zoom in as far. Adding a map made all kinds of difference.

Only thing I don't like about it is that it is hard to see the screen in daylight. If it's really bright and you hold it right, you can see pretty well. but IMO it works best at night with the backlight going. Then it's cake.

Entering coordinates is a lot easier than with my car GPS.

Now, that being said, it's really the only handheld GPS I've owned, so I have no frame of reference for how much better it is than the next handheld GPS. I think keeferfish has one he really likes. Forget what it is though.
    Joe , I like your GPS . If you ever want to sell it , I'll buy it .