Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 30 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Crappie Camp in Arkansas

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Crappie Camp in Arkansas

Plans are being made for a Crappie.com get together in Kirby, Arkansas from March 31st until at least April 9th. This is not a tournament or that sort of thing. This is just a get together of people to camp next to Lake Greeson, leave the boats in the water, cook, sit around and shoot the bull, fish all they want and just have fellowship. The only reason for this trip is to sit back, relax and spend some time doing what we all love to do which is Crappie fish. There is no itenerary or schedule for anything. You can fish all day or just fish for a little bit or not fish at all is just fine. If you don't have a boat but would love to fish, that can be arranged also. Everyone is invited. For further info contact me, FATBOY aka Johnathan Woods at 1-931-723-0302 or Jerry Blake of Action Fishing Trips at 1-501-844-9028 or Darryl Morris of Family Fishing Trips at 1-501-844-5418. I hope that as many that can will attend and join in on the comradery. FATBOY
    Last edited by fatboy; 01-15-2006 at 05:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

We are going to have a great time. I'm looking forward to meeting more crappie.com members and seeing friends that I've made through this site.

There will be plenty of campsites available. They are $14 per night and you can have one RV and one tent or two tents on each site so we can share sites to save money. There is electricity and water at the sites and heated bathrooms with flushies and showers. There are also a couple motels at Daisy, which is just a few miles from the campground. Glenwood is about 10 miles away and there are grocery stores and lodging there as well. Kirby is in a dry county though so be sure to bring any "adult" beverages you want with you.

I will be working that week but still have openings if anyone wants to book a trip. I will have my camper there and a full outdoor kitchen with fish cooker, microwave/convection oven, pancake griddle, coffee percolator, etc. We’ll probably get together for evening meals, eat lots of crappie and visit around a campfire.

Come for a day or two or stay the whole week. The spawn will be on and the lake is full of nice size crappie. Darryl and I have put a lot of bamboo condos in the lake and we’ll be putting more in between now and then. We’ll be glad to show everyone some good places to fish and there will be plenty to go around. We’ll try to have plenty of Rosy Red minnows on hand for anyone that needs them but dabbing a jig in the shallows should be very productive at this time too.

If you have any questions just post them here.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

As luck would have it I have a weeks vacation scheduled for the week after this Crappie Camp in Arkansas. I'm going to be in Monroe , La. visiting my daughter who goes to school at The University of Louisiana-Monroe and also doing some fishing while I'm there.The wheels are turning in my head and I'm thinking I could schedule another weeks vacation,drive to Arkansas, fish with you guys , fly my wife to Monroe at the end of the week.Wow,What an opportunity to fish for crappie in what appears to be one of the best areas in the country and with some of the most knowledgable crappie fisherman,too.Is Kirby in the Hot Springs area of Arkansas?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ohio Angler:

Kirby is about an hour southwest of Hot Springs on Highway 70. It's not much of a town - just a store, restaurant and post office. The campground where we will be staying is Kirby Landing Recreation area - a CORP campground. The turn off is about 2 miles west of Kirby on 70.

My wife grew up in West Monroe and it's about a 4 hour drive from either Hot Springs or Kirby to West Monroe. If it you can work it out we'll be glad to have you.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jerry, I found Kirby on the atlas.I just ran my plan by my wife and she told me to go for it.I think she just wants to fly to Monroe and avoid the 16 hr. drive from Ohio. Anyway, I'm going to try to make this work.It sounds like a fun week.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ohio Angler:

Great! Hope it works out!!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dates open

Jerry or Darryl,
    What dates you guys got open that week

Sounds like fun!
    2008 Buggs Bash Champ! SML Dock Shooting King!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey wvspec:

I am open the 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th and 7th for full-days or half-day morning or afternoon trips.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

let me look at the schedule
    2008 Buggs Bash Champ! SML Dock Shooting King!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wvspec
    Jerry or Darryl,
    What dates you guys got open that week

Sounds like fun!
    Right now I am open the whole week except for the 1st. For everybody considering, as Jerry said, I will also be working that week, so if you want to do a guided trip, just let me know. Otherwise, I will do everything I can to point you in the right direction and get you on some fish. I just want everyone to have a great time and a tradition worth making.

I'm already making plans and a list of things I want to bring, like a chuckwagon and making a convenient cleaning station for everyone. My camera will always be close at hand to tally up all the fish we catch. Let's not forget the chainsaw Jerry for firewood and if a bunch of folks come, I'm going to need a bigger pot, lol.

The mornings are super for ripping spawning crappie in the shallows. The days are great for fishing staging areas, hanging out and napping. I'm sure the evenings will be full of fun around the campfire and pot luck suppers and ample amounts of fried and grilled crappie. Obviously, bring your boat, but if you have a four-wheeler bring it too. There are miles and miles of trails around that part of the lake. All in all, I guess I would live out there if they'd just let me build a little cabin.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Crappie Camp.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Page 1 of 30 123411 ... LastLast