Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: A great week of fishing! Now what?

Post Thanks / Like

Default A great week of fishing! Now what?

Last week was awesome, had 2 50-70 fish days, and one 30 (only went out for 2-3 hours each time. Only pic I have is of a fluke catch my buddy made, gotta love Mr. Twisters, I've caught everything from 'gills to 45" tiger muskies on the 1.5" green flake.

Anyways, it rained like crazy for 3 days, temp is down 2 degrees, and water is now slightly muddy. I tried everywhere I could from the shore, and not a single crappie since it rained on Thursday. As a general rule, where do they go after a rain? I have a boat, but won't be able to get it out for awhile.

Thanks!

Justin.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hard to say. What's the water temp there? Id guess the fish havent went far. Try different colors and see if they'd prefer something copper colored or maybe a see thru brownish color in the slightly stained waters. Try fishing a bit deeper too. Sounds like youve had some great days fishing recently. Congrats.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Hard to say not knowing what stage of spawn they're in. But sounds like they may have just suspended spawning a little due to the cold rain. Probably moved back to the adjacent drop off.

Post Thanks / Like

You probably caught them all!

If you had thunderstorms the fish are hunkered down in deeper water and will cower there for a couple of days.

I do best with dark colors in muddy water, time to break out the black and chartreuse!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a thermometer, just went off what a guy fishing next to me said after the rain. I really need to pick one of those up! Anyways, I can reach out to 12 feet of water from where I'm fishing, so I'll take out a pack of darker jigs today and see what I can do. I can reach a few sunken trees out at 10/12 feet that I found when ice fishing, so I'll give it a shot.

Thanks for the tips!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey even with the rainy weather you were catching fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fatman