Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sonar/gps repair

Post Thanks / Like

Default sonar/gps repair

I have a Lowrance LCX26c HD, that works, but the bright backlight does not come on. The dim lights work, so as long as I fish only at night, I'm in good shape. Lowrance will not repair it, they claim they can't get parts. Is there anywhere that I can send it to get repaired?
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

There is a place in Davenport Iowa that repairs fishing electronics. But for the life of me i can't remember the name. I had a salesman at the Gander Mountain in Davenport recommend him last winter when my Marcum took a dump.

I hate to even mention it if i can't remember the name. Maybe someone else knows who i'm thinking about. If i can remember, i'll get back to you.

Post Thanks / Like

"memory"? I can't remember what you might mean by not remembering. What was this thread about? :-) Thanks for the response. At least that gives me a couple of leads if nobody else can think of the name.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised Lowrance won't fix or send you a different one. I had problems with my Lowrancw a few years ago, sent it in and they just sent me another one back.If you have any paper work,find their address and ship it to them with a note of the problem,I bet they make it right.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to give them a call instead of e-mail. They may respond better talking to a real person. I tried calling, but after almost 20 minutes waiting, finally had to go do something, besides sitting by the phone.

Jim

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Gunner, try leaving "Jason Gilstrap Lowrance" a message on the electronics board. Maybe he can help. At least its worth a shot.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I left Jason a message, I'll see what happens. Thanks for the input!!!!
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Nicks Rod and Reel is the name of the place in Davenport that does work on fishing electronics. Someone even told me he does factory repairs on stuff.

If contacting Lowrance themselves get you no where, give Nick a call and see if he can help you. I have not had him do any work for me so i am just going by word of mouth. But if Gander Mountain would recommend him it would be another option.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I will give him a try

Post Thanks / Like

I called Nick's, no luck. He stated the same comment I've heard from others. Only the factory can repair Lowrance. He suggested getting a Hummingbird

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast