Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Help, Keep or Take Back

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help, Keep or Take Back

Ok, ladies and gents my wife bought me a new Hummingbird 778c for our 27th wedding anniversary and I am having a hard time deciding what to do. I mean she did give it to me as a gift and I would really feel bad about taking it back, but I am looking at the down imaging units. I know they are more expensive and I have the ok from the wife to pursue what I want, I just don't know what to do.

Does any one own the 778c and how do you like it? I am actually looking at the 798c si with down imaging capability. Which unit would everyone prefer?

778c you have to purchase seperate the gps unit, 798 already has that. Decisions, decisions I hate making them.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you would regret it if you didnt go with the side imaging unit. Those things are amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

If it's going to be your main fish finder, I'd go with the 798. I bought one this spring for the front of my boat and love it, although I don't use the SI much up front. Also, if this is going to be your main unit, I'd get the navionics option as well.

I have a HB 1197 at the Console and I use it's SI all the time. The thing is, when I'm on the trolling motor, I'm usually not going fast enough to get an optimum picture from the 798's SI. ( 3 to 6 mph recommended)

Post Thanks / Like

Jiggin, If I had the wife's blessing I would get the SI. You will not regret it. Big George loves his hummingbird and I have 2 buddies that have the Lowrances and they love them also. I have been in a boat with a HB and a boat with a Lowrance, both show great details, the only difference I noticed is the Lowrance mapping is much better.

Odie
    Last edited by deerhunterodie; 05-29-2010 at 12:45 PM.
    Common sense isn't always that common!

Post Thanks / Like

SI...all the way.
    We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."