Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fish kills

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish kills

Whats up with all these lakes? Is it like this every year? I just find it strange that lakes everywhere are having this problem. Have they fond the common link in this yet?

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't heard of this, can you post a link to the info?

Post Thanks / Like

its happened here in WV and in PA...check the state forums posts in them...Its like there all crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

All the fish-kills ive seen and heard about near me were water temp related. A rapid rise in temp is hard on fish, lethal to some. Also, during drought or low water conditions, some small flowages/creeks/rivers can stagnate, and oxygen drops to much. Nearly every year as the water turns over(thermocline) at my home lake, you can find stripers dead washed up, some years just a few, some years a scary number. Also got to see a tailwater stagnate last year, everything died, kinda ugly, extremely smelly, very sad.

This recent one in PA doesnt sound natural, and odd they didnt mention any other dead fish other than crappie.

HB

Post Thanks / Like

I think that's what they are saying here in Ohio,

Temps killed many here at Pymatuning Ohio. I have a thread on this in the Ohio section.

D
    My Wife Fillets The Fish! I am a fortunate man.

Post Thanks / Like

Commercial fishermens bycatch!

Post Thanks / Like

We now have 2 lakes within in the same county with a "DON'T EAT THE FISH WARNING" Pymatuning and Tamarack lakes in Crawford counties in PA. Both lakes have been effecsgted in the last 2 weeks. You can check out the media sources in the Pa form.

Post Thanks / Like

I think they are offing them selfs before it warms up enough for me to troll crankbaits.......they know the impending doom thats coming.....or maybe they made a bad deal w/the russian mob.....but my scientific guess is the 1st option :rolleyes:.......been a weird year temp wise here, but still prob the 1st guess.....

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13