Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corrugated pipe

Post Thanks / Like

Default Corrugated pipe

I picked up a whole bunch of corrugated pipe 6" at work , I cut it in six foot lenghts to allow me to bring it home. Well my idea was to place it out in about 12 too 15 foot of water . This way I could basically make a underwater forest to troll thru. Now on to my problem I need yalls insight on.

You can't fit 2 pieces inside a bucket . I really dont want to waste that many buckets to put out 300 of these things but then again I want to make a mine field with them being 5 or 6 feet apart. Just have some drifts set up in places that there are already spotty brush piles. Like 100 yard runs and move over 20 yards and follow another set .

I just have stuck one piece in a bucket and placed stakes protruding out at an angle , this looks pretty good and willl serve the same purpose .

Wonder if I could make a frame work system and use the pipe as vertical cover? I know I might be answering some of my own questions and to dumb to realize it, just wanted to know if anyone has figured a more productive way of utilizing this big of pipe. Please help I have got to get stuff in the water quick.

Thanks for you help and sorry for the rambling.
    Jesus Saves!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

could use blocks even tho same prob as bucket only could use 2 pipes per block

Alan
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like

cut the bottom of the pipes down by half then place 4 in a bucket...

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Place rebar in the bucket, how ever high you wamt it, and cement it in. Then take the lengths of pipe and drill a hole thru them and stack them on the rebar. After you place them on, bend the rebar over, and drop them in the lake. You could also put one piece of it in the bucket, pour in cement, and then take pieces of pvc and put them verticle thru it, to form a tree. Good Luck.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

fill the bottom1/3 or 1/2 with cement ever what it will take to hold it down let it dry and drop it in the lake you may need to cap the top or tie a large drink bottle to the top so it will stand up
    Last edited by papasage; 01-15-2006 at 07:59 PM.
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Find your self a bucket with a slight tapper to the side. Pour your concrete, let it cure for several days or even a week. Then you might have to tap on the bucket with a rubber mallet to get it to release. And slide your bucket off and repeat the whole process again. Thats what I do for mine, because finding buckets can be a pain. Just make sure you dont hurry the cure time, I have gotten in a hurry and had to junk them. Its in the 20's-30's here in the evenings so that slow the cure time alot.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Might try this, you say coragated pipe, is it perferated? ie, holes throughout like a septic line? If so, you could stick one in a bucket, then use nylon rope to "string" them out, tying knots on each side of each pipe to keep them stationary. Then, stick a small bit of concrete in the bottom of each pipe near the rope. Then find some type of plastic bottle with cap that you can fit into the top of each pipe. Now, attach the loose end to another bucket that has the last pipe embeded in concrete. When you drop them off, drop one end, use a rope through the handle of the last bucket. At the end of the run, drop the last bucket holding it by the rope. Stretch the thing out and let it settle to the bottom. Release one end of the rope that you used to drop it, and retrieve that rope back into your boat. Now you have all your pipes in a vertical position that will last well beyond your departure from this world. If it's cold there, add a bit of lime to your concrete to "heat" it up and speed up the curing process. Homedepot or Lowes will carry it.
    Good Luck!
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some photos of a lots of kinds.

http://www.crappieunlimited.com/
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the replies.
    Reaper, you have got a good idea and that would be awesome . But it probably would get hammered on Ky. Lake. It did make me think of something similar just not all tied together.
    Remember this stuff is 6" pipe. So what if I took a 2-liter bottle and crammed inside one end and tied the other end to a block with some nylon rope. This should float the pipe and if someone gets hung (commerical fisherman) they will only move or break one . I could make several up and drop in the bays of creeks in the 12 to 14 foot range outta the current. I can load a bay up with these and should be a pretty good set-up to troll over/thru.

What do yall think?
    Jesus Saves!!!!!

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

retired and now i will always fish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast