Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Broken transducer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Broken transducer

Not sure how I did it but I got home the other day and my transducer was broken at the base. No wires were damaged. I put it back together with JB weld. The quesion I have is do you think this will hold or should I just plan to purchase a new one? Let me know what you think on this one?

Thanks
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like

I did this acouple years ago. JB Weld held up for most of the year, but then broke off again probably 6 months later when I hit a stump. My depthfinder was being discontinued by Lowrance so I bit the bullet and bought a couple transducers so I could have a spare. I would get an extra transducer, but I would use the one you have until it breaks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chadku View Post
    I did this acouple years ago. JB Weld held up for most of the year, but then broke off again probably 6 months later when I hit a stump. My depthfinder was being discontinued by Lowrance so I bit the bullet and bought a couple transducers so I could have a spare. I would get an extra transducer, but I would use the one you have until it breaks again.
    X2. Broke mine last Spring, same situation as you guys. Fixed with epoxy putty. The repair job lasted all year until I broke it last Winter on the boat lift. The repair job will hold as long as you don't hit anything. An extra transducer is a good idea.
    I am just pullin' your leg.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great advice Thanks

I fixed it with JB weld so far so good. It is a lowrence 334 and is a discontinued model but they still make the transducer so I picked up a new one this weekend. I have taken it out two times and it continues to hold. If this ever happens to you this is a good fix.

Tom