Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memorial Day Weekend Lake Safety

Post Thanks / Like

Default Memorial Day Weekend Lake Safety

To everyone out there, I am wishing everyone the very best in safety precautions this weekend. This has to be one of a few very busy weekends for the boating world. Let's make sure everyone stays save out there and most of the time it's not what you are doing, but what the other guy is doing that makes for a very bad situation.

Again be safe and take care all.

Post Thanks / Like

Amen. Its the Bozo boaters holiday. Watch out for drunks. They will run your right over. Use defensive boat driving.

Post Thanks / Like

For what it is worth(not much:rolleyes I would go to the lake either the weekend BEFORE the holiday or the weekend AFTER the holiday but not the weekend OF the holiday. Few people will be at the lake because they have either been or are going so the 2 subject weekends will have little traffic.
    JMO

Post Thanks / Like

My plan is always hit the small lakes on any holiday weekend. Most of them have speed limits, so even if there are idiots, they are a lot easier to avoid!!

Post Thanks / Like

I usually try to get my fishin' in before the holiday weekend and then start up afterwards.

They can have the holiday weekends, I'll stay home and cook Crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

im going to Tbird early in the morning (friday) to avoid the jetskiers ill probally get there just as the sun is coming up and leave by noonish cause not a lot of jetskiers get an early rise to be out there by sunrise
    thanks Crappie Josh aka C.J.
    always ready to go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

I'm planning to stay in a cove at tenkiller away from all the action this weekend... I have a 5 day weekend so I don't think I could just sit around that whole time and not use the new boat... I definitely appreciate the heads up, I knew the lakes would be crowded but I didn't think about the drunken boating issues...
    -Damon

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from Crowder. As I was pulling out, I was stopped by the Lake Patrol and he inspected my boat. Couldn't find my whistle so I got a warning. Also got a warning because whoever put the letters/numbers on the side of the boat, left a space between the K and the first number of the registration. He said if there was a space there, it had to have a dash

As he pulled up, all the kids that were swimming in the boat ramp area, on the Courtesy dock and on the fishing dock ran over to the Beach area. He hadn't even made it out of the parking lot before they were right back in those areas.

Who the h**l let's their kid swim on the boat ramp or jump off docks with brush below?

Post Thanks / Like

wow...okie don...already checking boats....for whatever reason ...i have never been pulled over???...just been lucky i guess...don't forget all your equipment....life jackets for everyone in the boat...and a throw cushion...all must be within reach...registration paperwork...and if you don't have a horn...better have a whistle...now where the heck did i put mine???....Ill be headed that way tomorrow...probably be fishing around blocker...be sure to watch out for drunks and those dang jet skis....

Post Thanks / Like

Just another day at the lake for me.:D I bid you all a safe weekend holiday.
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast