Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pawhuska 5-23

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pawhuska 5-23

Fished Pawhuska Sunday for bluegill/redear in the hurricane out of my 2-man. Had 2 1/2 to 3 footers on this little 90-something acre lake. I tied off to a buoy and was able to throw up onto a point with a cork and crickets and was just killin the big male gills. I fished about 2 1/2 hours and decided it wasn't doing anything but getting worse, so I headed back to ramp while I could still get there. Ended up with 20 male gills and one 14" trout. First time I've felt I needed to be wearing a PFD (outside of tournaments) in probably 20 years. I plan on trying again this weekend - hopefully without so much wind.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome report. Have you ever fished Eucha? There is some tremendous sunfish in there. I need to get up there soon because I think the spawn is on.

Post Thanks / Like

Atta Boy PJ101!! U B a killin dem males. Were they colored up? I am going to hit my 3 acre "pig pen" this weekend. I expect we will caught a bunch of 8-10" redears and bluegills.

I have to put a new water pump impeller into my 18 HP OBM tomorrow night so I can have a summer of catfishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cricket george View Post
    Atta Boy PJ101!! U B a killin dem males. Were they colored up? I am going to hit my 3 acre "pig pen" this weekend. I expect we will caught a bunch of 8-10" redears and bluegills.

I have to put a new water pump impeller into my 18 HP OBM tomorrow night so I can have a summer of catfishing.
    CG - they weren't really all dark like they get when spawning and all of the sperm sacks looked small like they were empty. It was too windy to see if they were setting on beds or not. I'm hoping to get into some redear this weekend - they are my favorites.

Thug - I haven't fished Eucha or Spavinaw for anything but bass. I know they are supposed to be good fisheries for bluegills. Will have to try one day.