Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: War Eagle

Post Thanks / Like

Question War Eagle

Looking at a War Eagle 1548 ldv or a 1648 ldv with a evinrude 25 or 30 hp tiller steering. Any comments Yea or Nay would be appreciated.

Thanks, Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Horton View Post
    Looking at a War Eagle 1548 ldv or a 1648 ldv with a evinrude 25 or 30 hp tiller steering. Any comments Yea or Nay would be appreciated.

Thanks, Joe
    You will probably have to provide more information before someone could say yea or nay.

When I started a thread similar to this one, most advised me that they wouldn't but a 25 HP on a 16' boat and quite a few wouldn't even put it on a 15'. My opinion would be not to go over 15' with a 25 HP and I would probably go 2-stroke to lighten the load. It really depends on what you will be happy with though.
    It is not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves, that will make them successful human beings.
    –Ann Landers

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

War Eagles are great boats.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Had a 542 with a 2 stroke 25. Sucker would do 32 mph GPS with a me and a heavy fishing load. And that with a dinged up aluminum prop. Was always impressed with the speed and ride. Fishabilitly was excellent as well.

Unless you're buying new, a 548ldv is going to be rare used, but a 648 ldv should be fairly easy to find.

Total guess here, but I'd say a 548 with a 25 is gonna run 28 ish with 1 person. A 648, prolly 24 ish. I'd be OK with 28 on the 548, but it's gonna be a pig with a 25 on a 648. Now that may be fine for you though, but I'd be wanting a 40 to get back to the 30+ range.

Hard to beat a WE. Just with they weren't so expensive to buy.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Heavy fishing load

Wannabe. You need to e clear the heavy fishing load is not actual fish but just gear.

Post Thanks / Like

But of course, CH. I just naturally assumed everyone understood that part. However, I could still hit 32 with a full livewell.

Wannabe...

Full of water I mean. Just to be clear.
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

WAR EAGLE!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Default War Eagle

Nice recovery there Wannabe. I have a War Eagle and looked at a lot of them before I bought mine. One thing all the War Eagle models have in common is they are built like a tank. Quality..

Post Thanks / Like

i have a 1648 with a 25 4 stroke merc and it tops out around 21-23 mph....i will be replacing it soon with a 40 or 50
    Bluff City Tackle Pro Staff
    Touranment Ice & Minnow Ice
    Culprit Pro Staff
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast