Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: weekend fishing 5/22-23

Post Thanks / Like

Default weekend fishing 5/22-23

MT Bucket: Weekend fishing 5/22-23

I got out on clearwater saturday morning befor the GEM even and we got some nice panfish before the storm hit in the shallows. long casts with a weighted float 3 ft above a small jig with a paddletail toward the reeds.
    Sunday we went out to waconia sunday and found really warm water over 70 degrees. We found some crappies in the shallows. the spawn is just about over, the fish we caught were spawned out. Then we moved to another area and found huge areas of very hungry bluegills! Thet were really feeding getting ready for their spawning time. Some males were already starting to make beds. we got some nice ones on whatever we cast that would fit in their mouth. I forgot my camera memory card in my computer so no pics sunday, bummer!

What is in my bucket today?
    http://mtbucket.blogspot.com/

Rrrrrr...I am on the lake, and thats all the crappies need to know!

Michael Thompson
    Gem Kids Fishing Camp and Club
    www.gemfishing.org

Post Thanks / Like

I will be fishing sand lake june 12-19, any ideas on if the spawn will be over up there. Sand lake is a bit north of Deer river. We will be mainly walleye fishing, but they say on the web site that there are crappie in the lake. thanks in advance for any help

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by revitup View Post
    I will be fishing sand lake june 12-19, any ideas on if the spawn will be over up there. Sand lake is a bit north of Deer river. We will be mainly walleye fishing, but they say on the web site that there are crappie in the lake. thanks in advance for any help
    the crappie spawn is pretty much done up here. never have fished sand lake, but most of the lakes in the area are pretty good for slabs! good luck!
    What is in my bucket today?
    http://mtbucket.blogspot.com/

Rrrrrr...I am on the lake, and thats all the crappies need to know!

Michael Thompson
    Gem Kids Fishing Camp and Club
    www.gemfishing.org