Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Long Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Long Lake

Have a cottage reserved for the last week of August-1st week in Sept. at Long Lake. Sunset resort. I have never been there before and come from Central Arkansas. Anybody fish there? Anywhere to get reports?
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Gary, what is the location of Long Lake, several Long Lakes in WI. I spend my winters, Feb/Mar in the Camden area down your way.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Long Lake

Sunset Resort
    Here is a link to where we are staying. There is a map on that page. It is near Rice Lake, WI. Camden is about 3-31/2 hours from here. Searcy is a little NE of Little Rock. Any information would be appreciated, especially if it's for the flyrod.
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Default Long Lake

Turnr, I was from Cumberland, 14 miles from Rice Lake, 3 years ago i retired to Toledo bend in LA. You will be fishing light line, the crappie will still be above the thermocline around 16 feet or so. The weed edges will be down to 12 to 14 feet or so. Look for cabbage or deep coon tail. At low light you can jig the deep weeds, you will catch Walleye, sm bass, Walleye, Crappie and the scourge of jig jishing, northern pike, thet eat jigs like popcorn. The Narrows is always a good deep water spot, the resort owner will fill you in. Most southerners get lost once or twice, they keep looking for the Dam

Good Luck, Granite