Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Twain 5/21 thru 5/25

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark Twain 5/21 thru 5/25

Fishing was "BAD". No walk ramps in, except the U ramp, that I saw, and was at Spalding, Berhan, Allen, and 107. North Fork is stained, South Fork is muddy, Sandy's not bad, Mid Lake is starting to get better. Big an Lil Indian were good. And fishing still was "Bad". "NOT A KEEPER" caught in "5" days. The fish are not shallow spawning, The ones we caught were off the banks fishing 8 feet deep using "Minnows", only caught "1" on a jig, and it was on a black an chart. with a white nibble. Shad are spawning on the south bank east of 107, out of South Fork. Water temp ran 64 to 65 degrees, did see it hit 80 yesterday by Pigeon. Caught a few white bass, don't keep, and "NO LARGE MOUTH. Good Luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sorry to hear that Dan

Fishing seems off a tad almost everywhere....... Do you need any 10' golf clubs?????:D
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Fished 3.5 hours Sunday and 4 hours yesterday. 24 fw, 10 to 12 ft. deep color didn't seem
    to matter much but had to have a white nibble. Blue and white was the best with brown chartruce next. 30 t0 40 dinks each day with 8 keepers Sunday and 2 yesterday. They pulled the plug about time I left so don't know what that will do. Main lake points and bluffs w/ timber.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    Fishing seems off a tad almost everywhere....... Do you need any 10' golf clubs?????:D
    That's what I like about you, can count on your honesty. Golf club's, I'm starting my own collection, a club foot stepped on 1 of my Wally's, first fish, bang. Let me get a couple more club's and you an I will start a new sport, "Water Golf". LOL. Hope your doing well, miss your reports.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished the middle fork today and we tried shallow and the banks. The water was quite dirty. Only saw a couple other boats on the water. Within 5 minutes we had a nice 14" in the boat caught at about 2 ft. We both thought "boy, this is going to be a ton of fun." And it was. The key word being "was." The five minutes quickly faded and the next four hours we did not manage another single fish–nothing. There was a lot of gunk floating around and the carp were having a lip smacking good time along the banks with all the crud. Those things were flopping everywhere. Don't know what else to say except it was a beautiful day for fishing, but not catching.

Post Thanks / Like

Went out yesterday at South Fork. Didn't go very far just the cove next to the parking lot. Caught 5 - 5"-6" fish. Fished for about 4 hours. Guy fishing the back next to ramp had 3 with one 13". Don't know how long he had been there.
    COE put a courtousy ramp at South Fork. I imagine they were doing it to all the ramp with the water falling.

Post Thanks / Like

holly crap bad things man, real bad, best regroup and hit it again, dont let no stinkin lake treat you like that, better times commin.

Post Thanks / Like

Coz,

Any reason you didn't run further? Brush Creek is usually good this time of the year..... went up and looked around last weekend after we fished the Middle and it looked good.

U

Post Thanks / Like

I like that, dont let a stinkin lake treat you like that.:D
    Jig & Ellie are my green headed corn grinder finders.

R.I.P Jig dog

Post Thanks / Like

We mainly went to get his boat wet. Hadn't been in the water for a year and he is taking his wife up to Truman next weekend. Planned to fish a couple of other areas but a root canal infection (had the root canal Monday) flair up and got flue like symptoms and wussed out. Got some antibiotics from the dentist but looks like next week will need to go in and get the gunk cleaned out unless the antibiotics start working. Plan on heading back up when I get this straightened out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast