Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Table Rock Advice?????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Table Rock Advice?????

I am headed to my wifes family deal this weekend on the Rock. We will be around Cape Fair, between Virgin Bluff and Bear Den. I hate going out on these amatuer weekends, but I do not have a choice.

Anyway, has anyone been catching any crappie up in that area? Any and all advice is appreciated. thanks in advance. I used to fish that area alot, but not for several years now. I have been sticking with Stockton.

Post Thanks / Like

There are some brush piles along Virgin Bluff and a couple of conservation dept. habitats in the mouth of Flat Creek you might try. Also try the channel along the bluff just upstream from Flat Creek. (point 15) The entrance of Peach Orchard Cove should be holding some good fish also. I haven't been for a couple of weeks, but the bigger ones should be in 20 to 30 fow around stump fields or stickups. might still be some smaller ones up shallow around brush, but I think they are pretty much done with the spawn.

I tried to talk Beagle Man into bring down some of those Stockton slabs and slipping them in the Rock, but he just wouldn't cooperate:D

Good luck
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Post Thanks / Like

All I can say is Good Luck, I've been on that lake a lot in my life, and have NEVER caught a crappie worth a darn. It's a beautiful lake, and I love it but darn hard to catch any crappie. Bass on the other hand.....:rolleyes:
    Christine

Post Thanks / Like

There are some good fish in the Rock, but they are tough to catch and I have yet to get a limit. I just started fishing for Crappie this year though:o Here are a couple of pics of some of the better ones I caught a month or so ago

Quote Originally Posted by MrsRLSIV View Post
    All I can say is Good Luck, I've been on that lake a lot in my life, and have NEVER caught a crappie worth a darn. It's a beautiful lake, and I love it but darn hard to catch any crappie. Bass on the other hand.....:rolleyes:
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Post Thanks / Like

JLT, get the map out, peach orchard cove is ok, bear den cove better, now go up james river, all the way past point 15 keep going to first bend in river, fish the left side, from the bend to the point `15 marker, lot of broken trees on the bottom there, If it was me after I tried that I would go up river to the first boat dock you see and fish close to it, old dock, after that I would go on up river and fish the left side all the way up every lay down I seen that fell off the bank, when you get to the big bend just before ashers cane bottom big brush piles sever wash ins. lots of junk there, fish em all, and good luck it will be a pleasure seeing all the big crappie you post, sic em

Post Thanks / Like

Hirer a guide!!!!:D

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

I would wake up early and drive to Truman
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

It's trolling season now that the water is warm enough.
    Troll from 76 bridge to Virgin Bluff.

Bandit 200 series or Rapala #4 or #5 shad raps work well.
    Splatter back is an all around good color bandit.
    Blue / Silver good all around for both.
    Purple Glass Rap is our favorite but they are hard to find.

Put 1/2 oz bell sinker on a three way swivel 4 ft. in front of the crank bait.
    Find fish suspended 10 - 20 ft. over deep water near channel edges. Best way is to fish while you're drivin. Don't go straight all the time. Crazy Ivan (quick lefts and rights every now and then)

Troll 1.3 - 1.8 mph.
    Feed out 20 - 35 ft of line.

You'll catch Kentuckies, Whites and Channel cats too.

This is what works best for us through September.

My pullin' vehicle is Kaputt. With that and Coaching Baseball I haven't been out on Table Rock since early April.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Radioactive View Post
    There are some brush piles along Virgin Bluff and a couple of conservation dept. habitats in the mouth of Flat Creek you might try. Also try the channel along the bluff just upstream from Flat Creek. (point 15) The entrance of Peach Orchard Cove should be holding some good fish also. I haven't been for a couple of weeks, but the bigger ones should be in 20 to 30 fow around stump fields or stickups. might still be some smaller ones up shallow around brush, but I think they are pretty much done with the spawn.

I tried to talk Beagle Man into bring down some of those Stockton slabs and slipping them in the Rock, but he just wouldn't cooperate:D

Good luck
    thanks alot, i will give it a shot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    JLT, get the map out, peach orchard cove is ok, bear den cove better, now go up james river, all the way past point 15 keep going to first bend in river, fish the left side, from the bend to the point `15 marker, lot of broken trees on the bottom there, If it was me after I tried that I would go up river to the first boat dock you see and fish close to it, old dock, after that I would go on up river and fish the left side all the way up every lay down I seen that fell off the bank, when you get to the big bend just before ashers cane bottom big brush piles sever wash ins. lots of junk there, fish em all, and good luck it will be a pleasure seeing all the big crappie you post, sic em
    thanks beagle, you are always helpful and it is appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast