Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Roasted Asparagus

Post Thanks / Like

Default Roasted Asparagus

Preheat oven to 500-600 degrees. Take 1 bunch FRESH (pick up and smell the tips) asparagus and "bend/break" by hand EACH one by grasping and putting force with both hands on bottom third of stalk. Where it snaps is where it's tender. DO NOT CUT ENTIRE BUNCH WITH KNIFE. WASH WELL. Pat dry. On Cooke Sheet drizzle Olive Oil. Place ASP across pan, SALT & PEPPER TO TASTE. Place in 500 degree oven and let roast. Keep checking on them (every couple mins). AS soon as they start to turn lightly brown, shake the pan back and forth as to "turn" them. Repeat rolling/turing them until all sides are golden. Serve warm with or without fresh squeezed lemon juice. Enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

Yum. Can't get enough of that stuff. When I was a kid not only did we have our own on the farm but it grew wild in the road ditches and even in the groves of 1800s era homesteads. Don't know how it got in the ditches if the birds passed the seeds perching on the fences or what. I know it is planted as a root.
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

Post Thanks / Like

We love cooking asparagus this way. We usually add in a bunch cloves of garlic on the cookie sheet. When they come out of the oven. Sprinkle some soy sauce and toasted sesame seeds on 'em. Yum O!
    Currently a non-fishing slacker! (not for too much longer)

Post Thanks / Like

I do the same thing but put them on the grill! Man are they good. I will try your way to cold and windy to grill tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

hey Brad, as Justin Wilson used to say...I guarenteeeeeee you like dem aspargus

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like those of us who like asparagus are crazy about it. I take mine and after snapping it take the woody end and peel it with a little hand-held veggie peeler and use it too. Lord knows its spendy to buy. I am planting a mess this yr but a 3 yr wait.
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention we use a little sesame oil also.

If you put them on the grill, a neat trick we learned was to make asparagus rafts. You can put the garlic cloves in between the asparagus if you want too.
    Currently a non-fishing slacker! (not for too much longer)

Post Thanks / Like

i do mine the same except i chop up about 3 cloves of garlic and mix it with the oil and roll the asparargus in it before they go in the oven.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife rolls 3-4 asparagus spears in a slice of bacon, and bakes that until the bacon is crisp. It'll make a turd.
    I have a jig with a face like this!:eek: