Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How not to transport a 10' er

Post Thanks / Like

Default How not to transport a 10' er

Well hear all along I was cussing the wrong person, should have been cussing out my own stupidty..... but again I just went to 10' last year and had no experience in hauling them in the boat... so I had 4 ozarks tips break in the same spot... okay I am thinking cheap rod....(wrong) then the other day a outlaw broke in the same place...(thinking now) we had moved from one area to another and this is how I always carrying them instead of breaking them down...... well in rougher water this rod is flexing a bunch, and as soon as we got where we wanted to fish, the first good crappie I set the hook on, (bam) tip broke again.... 5 rods total in a year and a half broke in the same place about 5" in front of the trolling motor rope.... been hauling a lot different and no problems..... but I would still like to be able to buy a dam tip for my Ozarks.... love the rear seat ultra lite...... I never cussed the rod as much as I couldn't get a new tip..... anyway caution on how you haul these around, I am a slow learner.........
    Last edited by olesilverside; 08-06-2010 at 12:22 PM.
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have not broke any yet but seen the last time out I saw were I could have the same type issue. I lay mine down and have a strap that holds them by the reel section but nothing at the tip end. If it is windy when running down the lake the tip section will flop up and down. If the wind catches it right the rod tip section will hit on the side of the boat about a foot down from the tip. So guess I have been lucky so far. I may install another rod strap closer to the tip section to keep the wind from picking them up and beating them against the top cap of my boat. May save me some money in the long run.

Post Thanks / Like

We all learn some expensive lessons.

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't realize you used 10 footers, thought all yours were 9'8" or so. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Default mine all broke

far enough back to be 8'ers and they don't have tips to fit that size shaft.....:D but i do have a couple 9'8"........

Post Thanks / Like

Face mine to the rear for that reason. Also this sunday lost my net going down the lake. Have to remind myself to make sure i pull it all the way down over my front seat.
    Guess I am not he only slow learner. It wasn't the first net I lost that way.
    Outlaw Walleye and Crappie Poles (anglersmidwest.com guides and gear)
    MossBackRack.com
    Jenkins Nissan(813-420-0983)

Post Thanks / Like

We brake ours down when traveling from home to lake. They fit in thr rod locker just fine broke down. On the water we strap them down when trying to find your honey holes:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default I always brake mine down

when traveling on the road, but wasn't doing it moving, sticking them out behind works much better....

Post Thanks / Like

Default 10 er

Buy one of Leland rod's at Cherokee rods- two piece very tough rod that won't break and that you can break down and travel easier- it will land damn near anything that swims.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sounds like

You need a longer boat.:D
    Progressive Marine Insurance SUCKS!. If you hit a submerged object they will try to prove manufacturers defect....stay away from them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast