Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: conservation agents checking limb lines

Post Thanks / Like

Default conservation agents checking limb lines

Saturday we were fishng a feeder creek on the Missouri river since the river was so high. 2 conservation agents came up the creek checking limb lines and cutting some. We were glad to see it. i hate it when people don't take their lines out when they are done. they love to put them in the green trees when the water is high. But then when they don't take them out and the water drops down the hooks are hanging in the air. Almost got hooked by one of them when we were motoring down the creek a couple of years ago. It looked like they also left a present where the limb line use to be. Like a ticket.

Post Thanks / Like

bad thing is that most guys who leave their stuff - don't put the legally required info on them!!! It's a pain when your trolling motor gets wrapped up in an "old" line or you see ducks, herons tagged in them. God forbid you catch a hook hunting or fishing like you mentioned.

The fine ought to be loss of license for a year or so

Post Thanks / Like

good for them, we have to do that ourselves on stockton, we mostly have jug fishing or noodles on stockton, and not much problems with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman Lake and limb lines

The worse thing I see on Truman is they drive these big old nails into a limb and then it rots off leaving a very nice tear the side of your boat up piece of steel waiting on you, we have no problem with the jugs and noddle things.....I and all who fish with me cut the un-named lines, and have released some big cats that were on them...........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

The same goes on at my lake (Smithville). One guy took it one step further. To easily find where he put his lines, he spray painted the trees a neon pink color. Some people. Can imagine what goes through these people’s heads when they do this.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apkape View Post
    To easily find where he put his lines, he spray painted the trees a neon pink color. Some people.
    Hope there not where they can be mistaken for channel markers. I don’t trust other peoples markings anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Cut em' all if they're not legal!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    Hope there not where they can be mistaken for channel markers. I don’t trust other peoples markings anyway.
    Bill, he was spray painting trees in the coves.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

For those of you claiming to cut folks lines who are not legal, how do you know they are not legal? Some fisherman may tag their lines on the weighted end. The only way you would know if it wasn't tagged would be to run the line. You run a line that isn't yours you risk getting your arse shot. Just remember that next time you think about cutting a trot line that "you think" isn't tagged.

And btw, even if it isn't tagged, it is not your call to cut the line. The right thing to do would be to call the game warden and report it. Cutting someone else line is no different than stealing.

slabho
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slabho View Post
    For those of you claiming to cut folks lines who are not legal, how do you know they are not legal? Some fisherman may tag their lines on the weighted end. The only way you would know if it wasn't tagged would be to run the line. You run a line that isn't yours you risk getting your arse shot. Just remember that next time you think about cutting a trot line that "you think" isn't tagged.

And btw, even if it isn't tagged, it is not your call to cut the line. The right thing to do would be to call the game warden and report it. Cutting someone else line is no different than stealing.

slabho
    First of all, I think the discussion surrounded limb lines (and jugs). Not trot lines. If I see a limbline or jug that isn't tagged/identified, it gets cut and wrapped up, tossed in the trash. Fish on those get released. Anybody who wants to have a debate with me about it - thats fine, we'll invite Mr Greenjeans and Mr Ruger to take part in the discussion if its heated. I'm sure not going to go out of my way to go check lines, but when you're tied up to a jigging tree and see rusty hooks hanging in/above the water on line that is covered in algae and carrying no identification, its got to go. A number of times I've seen dead cats hooked on those lines and not removed until they rot off. RE: Trot lines....if I see one running between 2 trees that isn't marked on either end, I'm probably not going to take the time to pull it up, but I'll sure call Mr.Greenjeans with the GPS coordinates and description.

I just can't abide a cheat or somebody that skirts the game laws. They're no better than a thief AND when folks get riled up about those "no-good fisherman and/or hunters", it inevitably leads to a reduction of our rights in some manner. So call me a boy scout or a goody-two-shoes, whatever... follow the rules or buy new tackle.
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast