Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Unlikely catch

Post Thanks / Like

Default Unlikely catch

My season has been dismal... barely any crappie but I have been tearing up the largemouth. Yesterday I decided to spend the last 2 hours or so of daylight fishing... was pitching a strike king rage tail crawfish along the grass and moss buildup... and ended up watching a big bull frog run down and gobble up my crawfish. I was going to try and get a picture of him dangling from my soft plastic but he dropped off when I tried to get the picture. Wasn't too bad in terms of size 5-6 of him and you could have a nice frog leg snakck.
    Fishin' fills the time until College football season

Post Thanks / Like

I have caught a couple already casting small crank baits for bream, never notice them hiding in the grass and they just pounce on them soon as they hit the water. And surprisingly hard to reel in.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

I've caught several - and pretty nice-sized ones, too - on fly rod poppers, but I learned one thing early on.
    Don't put 'em on a metal stringer!
    Pete :p

Post Thanks / Like

I had a big ole bullfrog jump on a topwater frog over and over again. Couldn't tell if he was fighting or trying to find a date
    "Mister, I love the way you wear that hat."
    "You don't know nothin'."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OKSTATEjiggy View Post
    I had a big ole bullfrog jump on a topwater frog over and over again. Couldn't tell if he was fighting or trying to find a date
    That's what I kinda thought... I made a pitch over by some grass when he decided to start hopping after it... so I made 10 or so pitches before he tried to eat it. I was bored so I was just antagonizing him to death. lol.
    Fishin' fills the time until College football season