Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: lake blacksher fishing

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default lake blacksher fishing

the weather is cooling down the skie doos and the skiers are less . now it is time for so. ga. to start fishing .
    talked to a frind yesterday his buddy and wife went last week and said they cought 30 in 2 houes around a dock . this dock is off a creek channel it is 6 ft. under the dock and the channel is 9 ft. out from the dock . they are coming out of the deep water. if weather permits i will be there this weekin . the lake will drawn down 3 1/2 ft.next month for dock repairs .
    papasage & fayebaby
    retired and now i will always fish

Morphine Guest

That sounds like you have a solid plan. 30 in two hours is not bad. I am going to try my luck tomorrow morning at Peck's bridge on Lake Lanier. Good luck to you and hopefully we will both have something to brag about later.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pecks bridge

Morphine, post how you do at Pecks bridge. Wanted to go Saturday night but the weatherman lied about the rain coming in. Went Saturday morning on Hartwell near Lavonia. Found fish but they had lockjaw. Might try again next Saturday night at Clarks bridge or Pecks bridge.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

just got in from blacksher . sat. morning we cought 10 good keepers sunday we cought 25 keepers . we cought them in 17 ft of water at the railroad trussel from 7:00 am till 10 :00 am. got hard to catch after 10 :00 am . we cought 2 to 4 fish in each spot . papasage

Post Thanks / Like

papasage...is that the trussel on the south side?

Many years ago I was fishing that area. We had taken a break at the dock at the store there. At the time the telephone poles were still across the lake there.

Along comes a john w/ three in it, zooming under the trussel towards the poles.

BANG! The driver in the back didn't notice the pole through the other two, his sister and her beau.

They all were knocked out. Myself and my fishing partner raced to them. She was yelling "my brother's gone!"

We dove and dove, the water was too murky to see. Deep there. I still think I hit him with my foot going up for air one time. I dove back down....but we soon were exhausted and gave up.

He was pulled up later....drowned....

I guess I told that as a reminder to us all there is danger there on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

must be the trussel . the onley one that crosses the lake . we fished at the west end of the turntable . on the edge of the river channel . the lake will be lowered 31/2 feet next month for repairs of the doks . i have cought fish there when it was lowered . papasge

Post Thanks / Like

went to lake blacksher today didnt go much they had started drawing the lake down . talked to a fisherman and his wife said they cought them yesterday and last night in spring creek . pappasage

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Blind Hog

Hey Blind hog, That was a great effort on your part and your friend trying to save those folks, My hats off to you and your friend.

Post Thanks / Like

Papasage,
    How do you normally fish Blackshear? I went down there a few time last fall and it really kicked my butt! I did catch some small fish this summer at night but had very little luck trolling last year. Blackshear is so much shallower than any of the lakes I typically fish but its really convinient so I'd like to learn to fish it a bit better. Thanks, Wade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AUTiger
    Papasage,
    How do you normally fish Blackshear? I went down there a few time last fall and it really kicked my butt! I did catch some small fish this summer at night but had very little luck trolling last year. Blackshear is so much shallower than any of the lakes I typically fish but its really convinient so I'd like to learn to fish it a bit better. Thanks, Wade
    wad it depends on the time of year . but i catch the biggest fish in the deeper water around the trussel at the river channel side . the draw down messed things up this weekin . i shoulh have went sat. morning . every one i talked to said they cought them sat. but the draw down didnt start till sunday morning .the best time is from daylight till 10:00 am . when the power dam start flowing they will quit . you can git a lake report on ga out door news . just type in gon nd search click on fishing report the state map will show up click on the lake you want a report on . there is a new one on there now . e mail me at [email protected]. maby we can git togather one weekin over there . i go camping there when i can . will go as soonas the draw down settles down . probabley the second weekin of next month . not sure as there are a lot of thinge going on in nov. and dec. with all the holidays . keep in tuch . papasage

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast