Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Momma said there will be days like this....

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Momma said there will be days like this....

got off to a late start today (hit the water around 12:30). Wanted to try some newly purchased lures and scents. Anyways, weather was awesome!!! rain was predicted, but only had a sprinkle (didn't need the rain gear) that lasted bout 5 mins. Light breeze, which is always good. Went searching for the fish. Noticed a few guys leaving which could've been a good or bad sign... LOL I asked one and he showed me a string of crappies and some yellow perch! ... Sweet!

My thoughts were... this is gonna be good :D NOT!!!! Tried nearly everything. Seen a few fish on the finder, had a couple nibbles (runts), but NADA!!! Figured, like the norm, they'd start biting after 4pm.... NOT!!!

Water was around 67-68 degrees. Fish I noticed on the finder were around 4-6' deep. I didn't fish for gills (I know they were bedding as some beds were occupied near the area I put my boat in the water). But would've welcomed a bite or 2 from em.. LOL

shut out today! ... either way, a day on the water beats anything!!!! Gonna give it another go after my saltwater trip next week :D

Post Thanks / Like

Been there, done that!!!! We went out on the water yesterday too - nothing doing with the panfish (other than silver bass), so we got our bass rods out and got us a few LM and SM bass just so we weren't skunked.

Here's a reminder for anybody who, like me, has a receding/thinning hairline - after you get to your fishing spot, remember to turn yout ball cap back around frontwards, or you'll end up with a sunburn spot on you high forehead, the shape of that opening in the back of your hat!!!!! I laughed out loud (more than usual) this morning when I looked in the mirror!