Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Windy days can cost money

Post Thanks / Like

Default Windy days can cost money

Saturday was too windy to go fishing...and I couldnt find my surf board so I decided to check out a KDOR seizure auction here in Salina. I decided that rather than listen to a noisy auctioneer, I would just sit here and bid on line. A couple lots were lures that seemed interesting. I also noticed that there were some outboard props. Ended up getting a couple of lure lots, a rapala electric fillet knife and 11 props. Don't think that any of the props will be ones that I will use on either of our 2 boats. 4 stainless and 7 alum. Spent a couple hours on the net figuring out what motors they work on.
    Got about 400 jigs in the lure lots...floaters and lead. Lot of Walleye type jig heads. Some crank baits also were in those lots.
    There were a lot of Duck and Goose decoys and a boat that brought good money in the auction.
    Still trying to figure out what some of the props work on. One is a stainless jet ski impeller:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds cool. How did you find out about the auction?
    http://kansasoutdoorsman.com/

Post Thanks / Like

My son had a friend who worked at the auction house here. I don't usually check the items but my son does because he finds some computer stuff that he wants. They auction a lot of different stuff including cigarettes, beer, liquor. Just depends who doesn't pay their sales tax obligations. They have them all over the state...just search for KDOR liquidation auctions. Sometimes they even have guns...no fbi check needed which I find interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you might MAKE money on the windy day. PM me if you find out that any of your props would fit on a 115 Mercury 4-stroke. The boat/trailer rolled backwards into the garage once when I unhooked it from the truck, so it's already on its second prop. Who knows when I might need #3.:rolleyes:
    I am just pullin' your leg.:D