Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Minnow Buckets

Post Thanks / Like

Default Minnow Buckets

What is a good bucket to get to hold 4 to 5 doz. It is starting to get hot up here. Yesterday it was 82 lost 4 doz in 2 hrs. they were all belly up. I just had a 5 gal. bucket. Thinking of getting something insulated with an aeriator. Any suggestions.

Thanks WILBUR.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

I would get an insulated 5 gal bucket with an aerator! :D

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

The best that I have found is the Frabill Min o life Personal bait Station. It is the Square looking one, very well insulated and a tight fitting lid and the airator is very good. BPS number 21-422-085-00 It is kinda expensive at $44.99 but I have been using mine for 5 years now and I love it.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

G3 Thats what i was thinking but the 4.25 gal. one. for 5 doz . Or should i get 2 little ones.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had 6 doz. in my square one (8 qts.) before....never had a problem...I might have two or three die on me but thats the most even in very hot weather. I run the airator continously
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks G3 thats what ill get.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't have an aeriator your just wasting $$.$$ on the minnows. They just won't live long without one. I have a Igloo Industrial 3g Cooler Yellow. I like it for several reasons ---size is small and squatty - hard to turn over and small enough to step over and around in my small boat. I just drop the tube into the cooler and turn on the aeriator. I rarely ever lose a minnow. I wash it out when I get home so that and I can also ues it for camping.
    Politicians should be required to wear their corporate sponsors uniform like NASCAR !

Post Thanks / Like

Get you a new boat with built-in bait wells. Just kidding, I've got one of those Frabill ones too. You will be surprised how long the aerator will run on two D cells. Also keep some frozen water bottles for the hot weather.

Post Thanks / Like

I add a little ice to them along the way.
    Take you kids fishing today!!! They will be grown (and married and have children of their on) tomorrow. Then you can take your GRANDKIDS!
    Podunkideas Pro Staff
    Cornfield Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cutting

Some put ice in the minnow bucket, but when the minnow is shocked as its put in the lake to fish with, it dies quickly. I try to adjust the water slowly with the temp of the lake water. With plenty oxygen and the slowly adjusted temps, mine last longer on those extreme hot days.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast