Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Trolling motor problems

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling motor problems

Went out Wed am and first tree we hit the little gear on the arrow broke off and I couldn't steer worth a hoot, so came home and Ron had the parts on an old tm he had so fixed it up and back on the water friday, first time I put it in the water and hit the switch, same thing couldn't steer in the direction I wanted to, then remebered I had fooled with the plug in wires at the first of the week.... I hooked them up backwards...... well tm was running backwards, didn't realize it could do that, believe me it can and it is a bi---- trying to steer backwards..... switched the two wires back and all okay, you would think I would have noticed the prop when spinning was putting out any air...... but I am old and slow...... caution it can happen.....
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good thing you got Ron to help

... but I am old and slow......

Enough said:D
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure Matt didn't mess with yer rig?

He has been known to wire things backward.
    Progressive Marine Insurance SUCKS!. If you hit a submerged object they will try to prove manufacturers defect....stay away from them.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry to hear about the fan motor going out on your water cooler, glad I anint gettin old and slow like carl and george. later man

Post Thanks / Like

I did the same thing a month or so ago was in a hurry got out there and motor was running backwards couldn't steer for sh$t. Went home went threw it checked all connections under cover cleaned em up same damn thing then checked battery and sure enough hooked up the battery cabels backwards. man I didnt want to tell my story but since you did OSS I will admit I have been there:D
    will fish for food

Post Thanks / Like

Sure wish I could have been a bird watching and listening to this on the water, I would have fallen off my perch into the water laughing. Probably would have been eaten by the biggest crappie in Truman. Just my luck!:D