Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Greenwood Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Greenwood Crappie

Never fished in October for crappie before, but had a good day. Caught about 20. Fished from 7-11 AM. Water temp was 70. Fish were all different depths. Caught some at 3-5 ft in 8-10 ft of water. Most were in 20 ft of water about 12-14 ft deep. All on minnows. I was definately not expecting to catch that many crappie. I figured I would catch some perch only. Does anybody else usually fish this time of year??

Post Thanks / Like

Good job skm. Don't know about Greenwood, but nitefishin on Wylie is year 'round.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board skm.Glad to see some folks on the sc board.Eric.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

hey "E" ,hey "kunes" , nice to meet ya "skm". Crappie is year round on wylie but only really good during the cold months. ol timers will tell ya this is also the time of year that crappie taste the best. the fish are in the same places around here. come down for our "crappie fisherman get together - crappie tour this sat on wylie....big "E" would probably fill you in on the details if you're interested.
    FIRST YA KILL IT, THEN YA EAT IT..:D
    Current Carolina Cup holders
    Current GA trophy holders
    BEWARE!! SC NIGHTSTALKER....

jrdaniel Guest

Wink New Guy

Quote Originally Posted by skm
    Never fished in October for crappie before, but had a good day. Caught about 20. Fished from 7-11 AM. Water temp was 70. Fish were all different depths. Caught some at 3-5 ft in 8-10 ft of water. Most were in 20 ft of water about 12-14 ft deep. All on minnows. I was definately not expecting to catch that many crappie. I figured I would catch some perch only. Does anybody else usually fish this time of year??
    Hi skm---I also am from Newberry SC.I found this Forum a couple days ago--just would like to say hello to all the crappie fisherman here.I am 47 years young and also I live in Newberry--I crappie fish Murray/Greenwood/Clarks hill/Wateree.I have been mostly Deer hunting but have heard about some good crappie fishing coming from Clarks Hill.I have fished Greenwood for years--I fish mostly around the rivers to Canes Creek.Please keep the posts coming and so will I.--Tight lines my friendss