Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Aint ready yet.....but close!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Aint ready yet.....but close!

I'm hating it since I've missed some good fishing with warmer tempertures but I'm getting closer to ready each day. I have 4 bucket type bamboo condos set out, two in 20-30 feet of water on ledges of dropoffs and two more in creek channels twenty feet deep. I have enough material to make a couple more condos already in the backyard. Gonna build them tomorrw pending the wind and get another load of boo for 2 more to build tomorrow as well. Already been to the lake and picked a couple spots for two to be dropped. I just got my 3 submersible lights in the mail today. Respooled all of my crappie reels tonite with new 6 # line. Picked up a new light weight spinning reel today with some more sinkers and hooks.
    Gonna get some rod holders built next week, pick up a third battery for the submersibles and inside lights, and get some heavier boat anchors built at work from scrap steel. Gotta find two clamp on lights and bulbs to hook to the battery, finish setting my condos, clean out my 55 gal. plastic drum and get it ready to hold my bait in and then set back and wait for the weather to warm some and I'll be there. When I get all this done I just might still have time left before spring to catch a few of the deep water crappies before the go shallow. I'm getting pumped!! :D
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman
    I'm hating it since I've missed some good fishing with warmer tempertures but I'm getting closer to ready each day. I have 4 bucket type bamboo condos set out, two in 20-30 feet of water on ledges of dropoffs and two more in creek channels twenty feet deep. I have enough material to make a couple more condos already in the backyard. Gonna build them tomorrw pending the wind and get another load of boo for 2 more to build tomorrow as well. Already been to the lake and picked a couple spots for two to be dropped. I just got my 3 submersible lights in the mail today. Respooled all of my crappie reels tonite with new 6 # line. Picked up a new light weight spinning reel today with some more sinkers and hooks.
    Gonna get some rod holders built next week, pick up a third battery for the submersibles and inside lights, and get some heavier boat anchors built at work from scrap steel. Gotta find two clamp on lights and bulbs to hook to the battery, finish setting my condos, clean out my 55 gal. plastic drum and get it ready to hold my bait in and then set back and wait for the weather to warm some and I'll be there. When I get all this done I just might still have time left before spring to catch a few of the deep water crappies before the go shallow. I'm getting pumped!! :D

Whew.........I'm just got worn out reading.

Good luck!
    Stay legal.