Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: School is finally out

Post Thanks / Like

Smile School is finally out

Well, my wife finally ended her school year and we celebrated by driving up to the camp, which is about 12 miles south of Magnolia, Arkansas, and going bream fishing for a couple of hours last Friday evening. There is a nice little lake about 2 miles from the camp that is only accessable by 4 wheeler and my father in law keeps a boat chained to a tree. We stopped and got us a few crickets on the way up. We fished for a couple of hours and kept 17 huge bull bream, 1 catfish, and 1 crappie.
    We are headed over to Cypress Lake at Benton Monday morning. If all goes well we plan to stay over there, in the RV park, until Wendesday afternoon. Going to try the crappie and throw out a few noodles for catfish. Might even try the bream too.
    If anybody has been to Cypress lately, I would appreaciate any feed back.
    The Lord is good. His mercy and love endures forever.

Post Thanks / Like

way to go Pastor.....sounds like no one has to show you how to have fun...sounds like you and the Mrs are really enjoying yourself and that is good.......seems like I remember reading "enjoy the fruits of your labor" from one of my favorite Books....congrats on the catch and hope you do well at Cypress....I never fished there......used to have an uncle that had a restuarant up there in Plain Dealing.....remember going there as a kid.....I passed over Henderson Saturday and thought about the pics MO SLAB posted recently.....lot of boats out and it did look pretty.....may have to re-think my decision about not going there until next year......

enjoy your time off.........

Bruce
    The "King" is coming
    This could be the Day....
    RETIRED LOUISIANA CRAPPIE HUNTER

docwaldo is offline Moderator LA Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor View Post
    Going to try the crappie and throw out a few noodles for catfish.
    HEY PREACHER,

i have two huge sacs of noodles if yoiu wanna borrow them. i live in north bossier, right off airline drive. if yoiu wanna use them, shoot me a message, or call me. i know it's late, but i will be up another few hours. i can leave them in the front of my boat if yoiu want them to try. they are already rigged up with line and hooks, etc. just shout.

mark

747-5383
    Any man can be a father, but it takes a real man to be a DAD!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the "good luck" wish Bruce. I think I remember reading that thing about "enjoying the fruit" of your labor somewhere too.

Thanks for the offer, Mark. I think I have enough of them to keep my eyes busy though. Don't want to put out too many; then it becomes more like work. LOL.

We are mainly wanting to get away for a couple of days for some time of spiritual renewal.
    The Lord is good. His mercy and love endures forever.