Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Routing xducer wire

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Routing xducer wire

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...rTarget=browse

Has anyone mounted there xducer on this type MK mount? Since I found out that the Universal sonar in these have only a 12° cone, I put my Lowrance xducer on the bottom of it. But there is no way of securing the wire to it since the shaft has to slide in the mount. I thought about removing the US and somehow securing it in the hole. But I don't want to screw up the 2½ years I got left on my warranty.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

could you just secure the cable to the top of the shaft and at the bottom and leave the cable outside the housing?
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

That is a down side to the auto pilot. Mount the transducer to the bottom of the trolling motor, secure the transducer cable at the bottom of the shaft, leave enough slack that the shaft can turn and secure the transducer cable to the power cable coil at the top. I then have a hole bored in the boat so that the cable is under the deck and comes out in the front instrument panel. I will be posting pictures of my boat but I don't know how well that show's up.

Post Thanks / Like

Default transducer location?

Guys I have another post on hear about the problem I may have. However I didnt have a pic. Notice the fin sticking down on the motor housing. I have my skimmer transducer mounted right behind it so I can pick up readings in front of boat. Will the fin interfere with the transducers performance. Does anyone no if surface clutter feature will take care of it? I tried to re-mount it as far back as possiable without having any interferance from prop.