Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: pushing cranks

Post Thanks / Like

Default pushing cranks

i`ve tried pulling them but would like to try and weight some and push them.so my question is how much weight could i getby with doing this and will my b&m protrollers be able to handle it . and is it hard to tell when u have a fish this way,thanks:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

bump ,

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on how deep the water is on the lake you are fishing.I use12ft. wm and i never use more than 2 oz. But i am hardley ever fishing water more than15ft. and if i get into water less than10 ft i take the wt off my 2 outer poles.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Not trying to hyjack your thread but didnt want to clog the forum with same questions. So my question does anybody push blade baits.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't say that I have ever "pushed" cranks. But, I have found that if I use a 3/4 oz egg on top of a swivel then about a six foot leader that I keep my two front/inside rigs from getting tangeled in the rear prop.
    I suppose that if you had stiff enough poles and heavy enough weights you could push cranks. I don't have a problem detecting bites on my rigs.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

thanks mr jim might try it with the weight this summer the 2oz gives me somewhere to start

Post Thanks / Like

2 oz eggs with a 4 ft leader, pro staff trollers handle them fine, no problem on bite detection as long as you maintain your speed.
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

Default kinda .......sorta....not really....

Quote Originally Posted by ezgo View Post
    Not trying to hyjack your thread but didnt want to clog the forum with same questions. So my question does anybody push blade baits.
    I have never pushed, but I have pulled somthing called a minnow harness (lots of guys use them or worm harnes for wally fishing in my area).....it nothing more than a leader of line a spinner a few beads and a single hook, hook the minnow through the nose (or rig a twisty tail) put the weight in front of the leader and troll it, have caught some decent slabs in the summer months doing this.....sorry couldnt exactly answer, but its all I got

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13