Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman report 5/18

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman report 5/18

Went to Osage Bluff, Best way to start is by saying IT SUCKED...you could track a coon across it, it was so muddy. Talked to a couple of others on the lake and he said he was told the water was rising an inch an hour. I should have listened to the Mrs. and went back to Stockton...But on another note lets talk about stupid people for a minute. We put in at the corp.ramp, when we got back there was a trailer in the water, diesel pickup was running no boat to be seen anywhere...HMMM this is odd started to look in the truck but there was a dog in there must have been a 2lb. rottwieler or so he thought. Anyway thought the worst maybe someone slipped and was under the trailer, robbed something bad anyway. So being the concerned citizen I am I called in the troops (park ranger and water patrol). Come to find out it was the owner of the marina and a buddy of his. They were over at the marina doing? The park ranger said he appreciated our concern, I wanted the culprits to get a stupid ticket, after seeing allof them laughing and joking I realized my wish was not going to be granted. I think it was very inconsiderate seeing as the marina has there own ramp and chose to block that one, but what can you expect I watch people work on there boats, load and unload, whatever they want to do as long as they're not inconveninced who cares. Following this example, since I fish alone I guess I'll just leave the trailer in the water after all I'll be back sometime!! Sorry for the rant but I try to get out of the other guys way to the point the other day I pulled out of the water and let someone else in because the wife was having trouble loading the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 weeks ago

at the berry bend ramp and the parking lot up at the top was not full, some clown leaves his pickup and pontoon trailer parked right where we all turn to unload and another pickup and trailer parked by the steps..... and no pass, not even a one day one...... where is the ranger?????? some sorry folks out there for sure.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

It never fails, once you think you have seen it all and you think people cant get any more stupid you turn around and see something like that. i dont care if you own the marina or if you are a king in another country, there is a thing called courtesy that more and more people seem to forget. So they leave the truck and trailer blocking the ramp and it gets stolen..... then you will hear them cry and cry about how people cant be trusted blah blah blah. But you call the ranger out of concern that someone could be hurt and you get laughed at. that is uncalled for and should have been taken care of, but it just goes to show you that if you own enough or know the right people you can do what you want. they could at least have come over to you and said sorry for the trouble and thanks for being concerned.... people like that get under my skin for sure, all they a care about is them. i too will move out of the way on the ramp if the person i am with is having issues either backing the trailer or loading the boat. i knew a guy that would take all the time he wanted and never care because its his turn and i could not stand going with him i would go appologise to the others in line for it....lol. needless to say i feel the same about it all as you walleyewillie and i too wish they had gotten a ticket for being stupid. but the least they could have done is appologise to you and keep the laughing out of it all. sorry you had to waste your time dealing with a bunch of yahoos who think they own the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

don't know if i have ever seen any water that muddy yeah lot of people don't know what dock courtesy is or don't care