Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smithville 5/18

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 5/18

Decided to try Smithville tonight after work. Started at 6:30 and finished around 9:00pm. Fishing was good. I ended up putting 12 in the live well. The fish were anywhere from 8" to 13". Looks like the tournament on Sunday is going to be a good time. One thing I noticed while driving through downtown Smithville, they are letting the water out of the dam. Looking forward to fishing with everyone this Sunday.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 Strikes and I'm OUT!

I went up early Tuesday (Smithville) and was off the water before noon. It was pretty tough for us except short ones. (only 5 Keepers) It seemed to get better as they day warmed up though. I wasn’t ready to leave but the others were.

Got home and the boat was still hooked up so I decided to give Watkins Mill a try. MAN was that rough – only two little dinks and everyone else up there was saying the same thing (TOUGH). I think that little lake may have just turned over. There was green slimy moss on the surface everywhere, even out in the middle. Oh well, it sure was a nice day to be out on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you guys/gals have a successful fun tournament

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dumping water

I wish I would have checked before going up last night.....fish were pretty tight lipped in my opinion for spawn fishing.

It could have been a lot worse I guess. We bumped into an old boy around 6pm and he said he had been fishing since 7am and didn't have one keeper.
    Progressive Marine Insurance SUCKS!. If you hit a submerged object they will try to prove manufacturers defect....stay away from them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I wish I would have checked before going up last night.....fish were pretty tight lipped in my opinion for spawn fishing.

It could have been a lot worse I guess. We bumped into an old boy around 6pm and he said he had been fishing since 7am and didn't have one keeper.
    They're there. Believe me. First time this year that I almost had my limit of fish. And I lost three big fish too. The whites have been more aggressive now. I was fishing in an area that I was catching blacks in about two weeks ago. Now the whites are hitting hard.
    Last edited by APKape; 05-19-2010 at 09:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Well let's see one of those maps then!:D
    Progressive Marine Insurance SUCKS!. If you hit a submerged object they will try to prove manufacturers defect....stay away from them.

Post Thanks / Like

I was debating on if I was going to put one up or not prior to the tournament. I think I'm going to be a little tight lipped for now . I promise to keep the maps coming after our get together this Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Alex...I noticed your report lacked a certain panache today!:D:D Smart man. I'm being intentionally vague, too. I mean, I know it's just a fun little "tournament" on Sunday, but....we're all a little competitive deep down!

I got out about 10:30a fished Rock Creek area (along with about 100 other people!!) and caught lots of shorts and a few keepers. Biggest was a tad over 11. I was pretty happy until I read about the 13s!

Fished another area off the main lake in the afternoon/evening hours and same kind of thing: lots of little ones and a few keepers.

Post Thanks / Like

Me and the boy went out yesterday around 2:30 fished to 6:00. fishing was tough caught some keepers did catch a white crappie that was 15 1/2 inches.Didnt go up lake, stayed on main lake coves trying to find spawning fish.
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apkape View Post
    I was debating on if I was going to put one up or not prior to the tournament. I think I'm going to be a little tight lipped for now . I promise to keep the maps coming after our get together this Sunday.
    Alex catches all his fish here between 0 and 50 FOW - Now give them man a break!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast