Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: St John's & Hwy #50

Post Thanks / Like

Default St John's & Hwy #50

Hit the river (St John's & Hwy #50) at 7:15am, I was first to the launch, not another soul around.
    Cruised up the river to a little lake I haven't been to in probably 20 years, yep, it's still there.
    Fished a little here, a little there, did a little trolling, nada, no hits, no bites, nada.
    Had tried to keep my minnows alive overnight, snatched the wife's air-rock out of her fish tank and
    put in there, also poured a gal of water that she uses for her fish in with minnows, they were all dead
    this morning. Also had my chicken livers and gizzards out for catfish, nada.
    The air temp was 76 deg, the water temp was 78 deg, however it felt colder to the touch, then again,
    could've been my yonky thermometer.
    Was just pleased to be there, expecting to have a nice relaxing morning, then "IT" started.
    Varoom in the distance! The unmistakable sound of the airboats hitting the river. All morning long, airboats
    everywhere, in the distance, near and far, the sounds never ceasing.
    Got a little dissappointing with all the sound, decided to head home.
    The river is super high, probably three feet above where there would normally be land, could hear strikes (bass) all out in the weeds, I don't think any fish are starving around here.
    Took a few pctures just for posteriety.

Here's a couple fellows I work with. We got rained out the other day at work and high tailed it over to the
    catfish hole for a couple hours, didn't catch anything there either, however, the one boy did go there
    a couple days earlier right at dark and filled up a 5-gal bucket within half an hour (cats), thus our anticipation to
    return.

All in all, I got out, no major problems, gotta say that's a good day regardless.
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

Makes me want to make another trip to Lake George.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink St.Johns& Hy50

Hey Phantom, Thanks for sharing the pictures, makes me wish I had been there. Thanks again. Jimmy S. Georgia Board