Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake O' the pines report 1/11

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake O' the pines report 1/11

When to LOP around 4 pm and stopped by Wild Bill's for minnows and grub. Bill said they have been doing well in 24 foot fishing near the bottom. He said, " If your not catchin' em, your not fishin'", and he was right. I fished until dark right where he sent me and caught 32,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bar fish. I moved near the channel at dark and caught 12 nice ones before 8pm and headed home. Shinners work for me. Saw only a half dozen boats on the lake. I need to work a little harder at it but Toledo has been paying off much better so I guess I'll give it another week before returning. Seeya at Robinson's Lodge. Don
    PS; Bill makes a great plate lunch that I highly recommend. D.

Central Tx. West of Brownwood in the sticks
    Post Thanks / Like

Are all the DFW and east Tx. lakes low?? Most of them here in cnt. Tx are in fair shape. but water from the sky is needed. I keep reading on different sites about all the closed ramps. Havent fished lately . In-law probs. but I`m gonna
    have a good`un heycods

Post Thanks / Like

Lakes are at all time lows all over the ArkLaTex. Pines is about 5 feet lower than last year at this time. Toledo is at record low levels and fishing is great. Don