Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tore them up...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tore them up...

Since this is about bass and not crappie I put this in here. But I went out to the lake behind the condos here and did some bass fishing for about 2 hours this evening. Fishing with a Strike King Rage Tail in watermelon red. Caught 11 fish all between 3-7 pounds... this is the 1st one I caught... after I emailed this pic to my account I dropped it in the water so sorry no pics of the others. Released all fish back intot he lake to catch another day.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by LSUguy; 05-17-2010 at 11:59 PM.
    Fishin' fills the time until College football season

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Greg, you've got me wanting to go north, but I can't. That's a great catch and release.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

LSUguy, I use to be an avid bass fisherman a long time ago, then I tasted crappie (white perch) back in those days and so I became an avid crappie catcher. Good job on the bass and you done right to throw them back. Don't taste that good to me.
    Be as smart as you can, but it is always better to be wise than to be smart.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J_ROW View Post
    LSUguy, I use to be an avid bass fisherman a long time ago, then I tasted crappie (white perch) back in those days and so I became an avid crappie catcher. Good job on the bass and you done right to throw them back. Don't taste that good to me.
    I kinda did the same 4 years ago... used to fish bass exclusively then got tired with it... ended up switching to crappie fishing in 06-07... but they've been extremely difficult this year with the weather and water up and down all season... so I went back to bass fishing and been tearing them up.

Come on up PPG... i'll save ya a spot on the lake. Just bring some ABita and some of those boudin balls. LOL. How's the woman doing?
    Fishin' fills the time until College football season

Post Thanks / Like

LSUguy is that Champion Lake or is that the oxbow by the corner of W70th & Bert Kouns. That place look fishy to me. Was wondering if that is where you catch the crappie you use to post. I use to fish a lot below Clarks in Red River a few years ago before it closed.
    Be as smart as you can, but it is always better to be wise than to be smart.

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the invite my friend but it can't happen now. Linda's fine, she got an all clear from her doctors after having what we though was a near heart attack. It turned out to probably be stress related. Her 96 year old dad is in the hospital and it's somewhat touch and go situation. But do save me a place and a fish cuz I will be coming one day.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!