Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: new trolling motor...time to slay em

Post Thanks / Like

Cool new trolling motor...time to slay em

picked up a new power drive v2 last week and after some trial and error i finally got that bad boy mounted up and ready to go on the nitro. had to go the cheap way and get the co-pilot instead of the i-pilot. either way...im pretty anxious to try it out tomorrow...going from a little 12v 40lb motor guide to this 70lb 24v will hopefully help me get around the water a little better. not to mention i hear that they dont drain the trolling batteries near as fast as a 12v does. but yeah...were gonna put in at berry bend. any lake reports from up that way???
    Sometimes you're the monkey...Sometimes you're the football

Post Thanks / Like

High, muddy, and watch for floating timber.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with the new motor.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with the new toy. It should really push the boat good. Good to se ya posting again.

Post Thanks / Like

good luck on the new motor, carefull of the high speed on that rascal. it quick

Post Thanks / Like

well we ended up puttin in at long shoals on saturday and the trolling motor ran awesome. didnt have one single problem pushin the boat...even into the wind it was fine. went to charge it when we got back in and was still 3/4 charged!! but that morning we went out with a few others who were in another boat and we didnt do too bad. between 5 people we caught around 35 or so...we got on them early in the morning in about 5 fow around that green brush. all on 1/16 ounce black and chart and pumpkinseed and chart.
    Sometimes you're the monkey...Sometimes you're the football