Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Where to find stocking information

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to find stocking information

Anyone have any idea where you can find information on where the state stocks? I might have a good news story I caught a small walleye on Mozingo this weekend that could be a sign that natural reproduction is occuring in the lake. I searched for a stocking report of Missouri lakes to see the last time it was stocked with Walleyes and came back with nothing. Anyone have a clue on this one? Do folks catch Walleyes up there with any level of consistancy?
    Thanks
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like

HI tom try the MDC web sight or try to pm mofishmgr he post on this sight allot Ive heard they catch them on a regular basses thought about heading up that way so let us know post a report ... Jr.

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw

Post Thanks / Like

Mozingo is stocked with walleye every other year. The fish that go in are about 2 inches long and will be 7 to 9 inches by the fall. We stock walleye routinely because they rarely reproduce enough to maintain a population. Even in Stockton or Smithville we must stock to maintain the numbers. We just completed a research study last year and Smithville had alomost no successful reproduction in any of the years of the study. stockton had better reproductive success but not enough to maintain the population.

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks

MOfishmgr thanks for the information. I grew up fishing Walleye up north and it was cool to catch one. Any websites that show stocking numbers? I looked all over the MDC site and could not find the data.
    Thanks for your help.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

I read this on the Walleye forum:

The Conservation Commission stocked walleyes on Wednesday May 12. Heard from one source that they put in 800,000.