Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Electronics ??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Electronics ??

I am going to add a second fishfinder to the boat(current one is bow w/ transducer on the TM) on the console. Would appreciate ya'll chiming in one what the better less expensive units with GPS would be worth taking a look at. Not looking for every bell and whistle, just functional.

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hummingbird !!Lots of different models for every need.I like the Matrix myself,temp,depth,fish,GPS compatable and CHEAP,If you are an extreme digital guy is a cupcake,but if you would rather be fishingand know what the water temp is and where a gully or a hump is and how deep the water is,it's fine.
    Last edited by azslabber; 05-17-2010 at 02:14 PM.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

I had been a Lowrance guy for many years and they couldn't give me one now. Thank goodness I bought the only Lowrance I still have back when they were a better company. More and more people every day tell me how disgusted they are with them.

On the other hand Humminbird has been very good in my eyes, but even more impressive with others that have told me their story about them. So hands down Humminbird has a good product and way, miles & miles better service.

I still have my old LCX 27 C on the front now and the 1197 on the console. I am now and probably will be a Humminbird guy from about 1 1/2 years back until now and forward.

Remember no matter how great a unit is picture wise, it's junk if you have a problem and can't get it fixed due to bad service. Just today another guy I just met is so mad at Lowrance he will hardly talk about it. Said he would never buy one again though and that he sent his back to get fixed and it came back still not right and they don't want to talk to him?

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 525 or 535 HB on the front now but need something that will both give me eyes and gps for when I am running not fishing and so I dont have to set there and strain to see the little front unit while slowly trolling around with the dang TM in the water lookin like a mo-ron. I already have that covered to hear my wife tell it.:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

i would look at the 718 or 728....its a very nice unit with GPS (black & white)....it wont hurt the wallet...will run you around $320-$360....here is a link

Humminbird 728 Fishfinder :: Marine Fishfinder
    Bluff City Tackle Pro Staff
    Touranment Ice & Minnow Ice
    Culprit Pro Staff
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles Pro Staff