Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rod holders

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod holders

I'm wanting to get some rod holders. I'm looking at the T bars that hold 4 holders. I've seen the Tite Lok, Driftmaster and those from the Killer. Need ya'lls feedback as to what to buy, or maybe some of you have made your own. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

You can make your own fairly easy. There's several post out here for homemade rod holders made from pvc. Fairly easy to make from iron too if you have torch so you can heat and bend some rods. I personally just bought the drift master tbars. Got two in the front, two in the back. They expensive but a lot less headache. I love the driftmasters personally. Just wish I had started the company cuz they makin a killin.

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to check out the BeeReady Rod Holders.

I have these on my boat and what I like about them is that you can attach several bases in different positions in and around your boat and then move the risers to wherever you want your rod holders positioned.

Easy to install. Easy to use.
    Check 'em out at http://www.beereadys.com/
    <--Click for Website

Post Thanks / Like

3 18' inch peices of threaded gas pipe along with a T and a base makes a rod holder for less than 8 bucks! 6 inch PVC is free all day every day arround any commercial const site that you use for the rods.

Post Thanks / Like

It is certainly quite possible to make your own. If you choose not too,the driftmasters Pro shown below are excellent. They are 100% adjustable and solid when monted on a solid surface. Use the driftmaster link at the top of this page. Call them and order from the company. Mention Crappie.com, thay are a sponsor on this site. I have both Driftmaster and Tite Loc 4 holder sets. The driftmaster are easiest to use and more stable. I have the Tite Loc because I needed a unit higher than 24".

http://www.driftmaster.com/Other.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whizkids
    It is certainly quite possible to make your own. If you choose not too,the driftmasters Pro shown below are excellent. They are 100% adjustable and solid when monted on a solid surface. Use the driftmaster link at the top of this page. Call them and order from the company. Mention Crappie.com, thay are a sponsor on this site. I have both Driftmaster and Tite Loc 4 holder sets. The driftmaster are easiest to use and more stable. I have the Tite Loc because I needed a unit higher than 24".

http://www.driftmaster.com/Other.html
    I agree with whiz. I have 4 of em and they are great. Caution, make sure when ordering you get the left AND right hand threads on the holders. It makes a big difference.
    Father of 4 time bash winner. At least I'm pretty sure:o

Post Thanks / Like

i use driftmasters and made my own t's. below is a photo of one of them
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

i bought 4 Quick Draw rod holders from Cabelas and will get 4-6 more bases to mount in the boat so i can just move the holders to where i want them. they are nice stout holders but a bit bulky.

Post Thanks / Like

TiteLok is top of the Line bar none Wally Marshall has some out now at BPS if you like plastic stuff

Post Thanks / Like

I have two rod holders, one blond and one bruntette. They alternate between holding my rods and my beer:D I don't what the other things posted in this thread are suppossed to be

Don't you all have this "optional equipment"?:D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast