Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fished Monroe Today

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fished Monroe Today

Water temp was 68.5, very stained, drizzling lite rain all afternoon, wind was very light,,I mostly fished the Saddle Creek area, and long lined, Caught about 100 crappie of which I kept, 7 that were 12 to 13 inches,,4 were females, most were caught between 6 to 14 ft of water all over the area, 2 walleyes, 1 bass, as well,,,all were taken on 1/8 oz roadrunners loaded with curley tale type gig bodies, floresent green, hot pink, orange/yellow. and a Yamamoto hot green w/glitter worked good too. Speed was 1mph to about 1.6 mph staggered. Several people were trying the bushes, points, brush,,and mostly what I saw them catching were small dinks. Lots of those for me as well. Not alot of people on the lake today, so I could fish anywhere I wanted.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Good report . Thanks for sharing it. I figured the water would be pretty stained, unless you went below causeway. I take it you were not tipping your jigs with anything. I would have thought with the water being stained as much as it was that slow and lighter jig might have worked better. Walleyes are a great trash fish to supplement your crappie :rolleyes:

HHD
    GnawMart Tenderloin Sandwich Prostaff, Gnawbone Indiana

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't see your bait,,about 2 ft down,,but its not muddy,,just a greenish stain and not to milky if that. At this time of year,,I don't use live bait. I fish out of a 14 jon boat,,so when going with the wind,,what ever the speed is,,is what it is,,and when going into the wind,,its more controlable. Hence the heavier jig, This works for me, and I couldn't keep 3 lines in the water over a 5 hr period all day yesterday,,even tho most of the fish were dinks,,I released alot of 10" fish.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"