Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: correct location of transducer on Minn-Kota all terranin?

Post Thanks / Like

Question correct location of transducer on Minn-Kota all terranin?

I recieved a Matrix 67 for Christmas with a trolling motor mount kit. My question is the way I wont to place it- transducer pointed towards the front of boat the skeg or fin is blocking the view or somewhat in the way. I dont wont it pointing to be back because of fishing style and the propeller wash. I havent had this problem before because my Garmin had a puck style transducer. This one is more of a skimmer style. Someone mentioned that the fin or skeg interferance would not be detected because of surface clutter control settings. Just wonder if this is fact or fiction. Hate to get this thing all set-up and then turn around and redo it. Anybody with this type of foot-control trolling motor have any info. or suggestions?

Thanks
    spawner

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Spawner,

Humminbird has a transducer exchange. You could possibly trade yours in on a puck style just like it. I just got a matrix 727. I called their customer service and they told me which one (dual beam puck) would go with my depthfinder. I went ahead and mounted the skimmer on the back and I think I am going to get the switch and second puck style tranducer for my trolling motor, so I can change back and forth.

Hevi-5

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Spawner:

You can get a Johnny Ray Transducer Mount that mounts to the trolling motor shaft - http://www.alabamalakes.com/site/scr...?idproduct=414
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I proabley should have done that but now I have already mounted it. Someone mentioned drilling a hole in the skeg and mounting it that way but I dont wont to mess up my warranty on trolling motor. I also looked into the Johnnie Ray mount but it looked like it wouldnt work with my set-up. Thanks Jerry, I might have to just buy a Puck-transducer$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

spawner

Post Thanks / Like

If it's MInn Kotta, the Warranty is worth as much as the paper it's written on.