Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: brookville pleasures

Post Thanks / Like

Default brookville pleasures

Brookville was a little busy Saturday we fished north end of lake, but plenty of fish around still. Between 3 of us we caught 64 kept 36 over 10in. and the biggest was 14 in. I caught 6 channel cats on 1/64 roadrunner with bumble bee southern pro grub, that was fun, all of them between 2-4 pounds. Most of the crappie were white ones and most were caught off deep point brush in 5-10 ft. water. We did catch several against banks still. The bait of choice were large bass minnows and southern pro 2" twister tails green/blue,black/yellow,purple/cream,black/blue all with 1/64th ounce heads. Also managed to catch 7 bass 4 around 3 lbs. 3 were around 2lbs.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice day CrapCat! Always wanted to fish Brookville for Crappie but have not yet. Only been in the southern part of the lake & deep water. Was wondering what the North end is like, deep ravines between the banks also? Is there shallow flats?
    Also, how were you fishing those 1/64th's, trolling, jigging, tight lining? Just curious, thx Tom.
    Like Momma always said, "There ain't nothin' worse than a messy tackle box!"

Post Thanks / Like

Tom, we were tight lining giving are jigs 30 seconds before we retrieved slowly(slowly). The water clarity in the area is usually a little stained. We concentrated our efforts around the Elly creek mouth and north of there where the main channel curves to the western bank. We also caught many in the Hanna creek area on the north bank around the old wood near the deeper water and down towards Farfield. There are some flats on the northern part between Elly/Hanna coves off of the main channel. We were never staying at one spot longer than 5 min and when the sun was high the fish actually went to the bank instead of the opposite kinda weird I thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks crapcat for the report. You guys had a great day. I wish I were closer to brookville.... I would definately fish it more.

Are you sure you were using 1/64 road runners? I've not seen them down that small. I make my own and have a mold that has 1/32 on barbed style.... and down to 1/48 on no barb style. I doubt there would be enough head to hold the crane swivel. I have a tough time just molding the 1/48. 1/64 is really light. I cast some 1/64 hackle jigs sometimes and the drop rate can be the difference some days.

HHD
    GnawMart Tenderloin Sandwich Prostaff, Gnawbone Indiana

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry the sun scalded my head yesterday and I think I got some drainbramage 1/32 ounce would be them runners heads and the others we were using were 1/64.